Windows 10: Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

Discus and support Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have seen a few threads of people saying that their apps remain minimized in Windows 10. There are responses recommending updating of video drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srachui, Sep 9, 2016.

1. srachui Win User

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

I have seen a few threads of people saying that their apps remain minimized in Windows 10. There are responses recommending updating of video drivers (always a good idea) and even one about re-installing Windows 10. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I had a similar problem and here is what I did, which worked for me.

I use a dual-screen configuration and it was set to 'Extend'. To resolve my problem I took the following steps:

1. Selected Win+P which opened the options for extending my screen to multiple monitors
    2. I selected 'PC screen only' which led to only my primary monitor showing the screen

At this point, I was able to open my apps without problem. I selected Win+P again and extended the display. I checked and the apps could all still open without problem. Ultimately this may be a driver issue, but short-term this fixed things for me.

:)

srachui, Sep 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 tablet mode

Last week's update changed my Windows settings, I am stuck in tablet mode and all desktop apps are hidden/minimized on the task bar. I know how to change it if I can load the settings app or get to my desktop apps. Is there any ways to disable it during
    boot or in any other way? I am stuck with this. My computer has nothing to do with tablet - it's a developer's mobile workstation. I've looked all over the net and all the posts only contains information I already know.

I tried opening regedit, etc. They are all minimized.

TonyVang612, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Win 10 "Metro" Apps freeze/crash on Surface 3 in sleep mode

Programs and apps such as Edge or Mail repeatedly freeze and get stuck in an unusable mode with a white upper edge and unresponsive gui whenever they are minimized during sleep mode on my Surface 3 with Windows 10. Why is that? It was the same when I had
    Windows 8.

EDIT: Desktop apps do not behave in this fashion, only those with the modern interface.

EDIT2: Find attached a screenshot of how it looks. Note the white edge on top of the window. The app is completely unresponsive, except for the minimize, change size and close window controls.

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) [​IMG]

MateuszSkiba, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

1. Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) - Similar Threads - client apps stuck

2. windows 10 stuck dos mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stuck dos mode: I got scammed and now my computer is stuck in dos mode with a C:windowssystem32> prompt I can not get to my start up screen does anyone know what to type in here so I can get back to operating...
  3. Windows 10 stuck in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 stuck in safe mode: I have had an update error and needed to go into safe mode and now i cant get out of it. Ihave changed the admin pass word several times but evrhytime i enter it it is not recognised. I have tried force stopping it but it stays inh safe mode. If i cant get this pssword...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in Ethernet Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in Ethernet Mode: My windows doesn't show any available wifi connections and doesnt show in connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-stuck-in-ethernet-mode/8040c418-ef81-4156-be3c-1611b16ef2db
  5. Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only. I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode), downgrade to Windows 7, restore, or do anything. There is no Administrator account, only my local guest account, and everytime I...
  6. Programs Running but stuck minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Running but stuck minimized: So, this happened when I was playing games on steam. The game crashed and now my Steam is stuck minimized along with other randoms things, like I cant even open folders, well they open up but you can't see them I go to my taskbar to click and try to maximize them but it won't...
  7. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751
  8. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...
  9. Stuck on "Welcome to Windows 10" Screen [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on "Welcome to Windows 10" Screen [SOLVED]: Everytime I click next it freezes and if i click too many times it freezes and restarts the computer and then shortly after Im straight back to the same screen. What did I exactly do and how do i fix it? 53781
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...