Windows 10: Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

Discus and support Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have seen a few threads of people saying that their apps remain minimized in Windows 10. There are responses recommending updating of video drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srachui, Sep 9, 2016.

1. srachui Win User

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

I have seen a few threads of people saying that their apps remain minimized in Windows 10. There are responses recommending updating of video drivers (always a good idea) and even one about re-installing Windows 10. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I had a similar problem and here is what I did, which worked for me.

I use a dual-screen configuration and it was set to 'Extend'. To resolve my problem I took the following steps:

1. Selected Win+P which opened the options for extending my screen to multiple monitors
    2. I selected 'PC screen only' which led to only my primary monitor showing the screen

At this point, I was able to open my apps without problem. I selected Win+P again and extended the display. I checked and the apps could all still open without problem. Ultimately this may be a driver issue, but short-term this fixed things for me.

:)

srachui, Sep 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 tablet mode

Last week's update changed my Windows settings, I am stuck in tablet mode and all desktop apps are hidden/minimized on the task bar. I know how to change it if I can load the settings app or get to my desktop apps. Is there any ways to disable it during
    boot or in any other way? I am stuck with this. My computer has nothing to do with tablet - it's a developer's mobile workstation. I've looked all over the net and all the posts only contains information I already know.

I tried opening regedit, etc. They are all minimized.

TonyVang612, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Win 10 "Metro" Apps freeze/crash on Surface 3 in sleep mode

Programs and apps such as Edge or Mail repeatedly freeze and get stuck in an unusable mode with a white upper edge and unresponsive gui whenever they are minimized during sleep mode on my Surface 3 with Windows 10. Why is that? It was the same when I had
    Windows 8.

EDIT: Desktop apps do not behave in this fashion, only those with the modern interface.

EDIT2: Find attached a screenshot of how it looks. Note the white edge on top of the window. The app is completely unresponsive, except for the minimize, change size and close window controls.

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) [​IMG]

MateuszSkiba, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved)

1. Windows 10 client - all apps stuck in minimized mode (solved) - Similar Threads - client apps stuck

2. Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps: Over the past week, I am having the extremely frustrating experience of frequent and random minimizing of all the regular apps I use for work MS Word, MS ppt, Google Chrome. It is especially bad for apps I am viewing on my second monitor but it also happen on my laptop screen...
  3. Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps: Over the past week, I am having the extremely frustrating experience of frequent and random minimizing of all the regular apps I use for work MS Word, MS ppt, Google Chrome. It is especially bad for apps I am viewing on my second monitor but it also happen on my laptop screen...
  4. How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized: So, I'm a fan of the minimize all button on the bottom-right, probably one of the only explorer features from Windows 7 8? that I actually like lol, but here's what annoys me about it. If you minimize all and then open a window, it will always bring up all the windows that...
  5. Minimizing apps

Minimizing apps: This just started...no updates, changes, etc. When I minimize any app Windows 10, it closes completely. Nothing on the task bar. I have to restart it to get back to it. What have I missed, done or not done?? Thanks for your help!...
  6. Minimizing Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing Apps: Is there a way for me to force apps to minimize to the tray when I click on the x ? submitted by /u/jhj0604 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwl9eq/minimizing_apps/
  7. Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login into my user in Minimal Mode, stuck in Minimal Mode: Hi, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed, Today I used the settings in "msconfig" in order to boot into Minimal Mode, so I could delete a driver I've installed before, but after the restart I could not login into my user. Usually I'm using the fingerprint scanner to...
  8. All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically: [IMG] I am stuck with this horrible and frustrating issue that causes all Windows 10 modern apps to automatically minimize within seconds of opening/maximizing it. I have confirmed that this only affects Windows/Microsoft apps like Mail, Settings, Store, Photos, News, etc....
  9. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751
  10. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...