Windows 10: Windows 10 Client PC Fails to Get DHCP Address over Ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10 Client PC Fails to Get DHCP Address over Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well so basically my issue is the following: My PC is connected predominately to the rest of my LAN through an Ethernet cable. This cable runs from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Triggs02, May 25, 2020.

1. Triggs02 Win User

Windows 10 Client PC Fails to Get DHCP Address over Ethernet

Well so basically my issue is the following: My PC is connected predominately to the rest of my LAN through an Ethernet cable. This cable runs from my computer into a Linksys Velop Node which is wirelessly connected back to the main hub at another place in my house. The DHCP service appears to function correctly about 95% of the time; however, on occasion, my computer runs into a fit where all it is sending out are DHCP Discover packets. I have racked my brain and the Internet for possible solutions to this issue and all offered fixes have turned up with nothing. After a while, my computer appears to finally see my DHCP server and receives an address, but this is very intermittent as previously mentioned. Another aspect that I feel I should make you all aware of is that I have allocated an address for my PC on my DHCP server. I am not sure if this is an error resulting from this configuration or if it is more fundamental dealing with the Ethernet connection. I should also note that my WLAN node Asus brand can successfully get a DHCP allocated address when connected to my same computer. This is my first time using this forum so I hope that I have provided enough information for someone to help me out. Thanks.

:)

Triggs02, May 25, 2020

2. DHCP client not working properly

Windows 10 64 bit, Virgin Media Super Hub 2ac, ethernet

Today the PC lost its connection. The Virgin hub needs a dynamic IP address, in the format 192.168.0.x, and ipconfig shows 192.168.2.1. The DHCP client properties show it's on automatic, but all the options are greyed out so can't be changed. I tried starting
    DHCP from command prompt but system says it's already running. Tried resetting winsock and IPv4. Still no internet. Odd though that Virgin tech can see from their end that the PC is connected to the hub. How do I restart DHCP?

Majikthyse, May 25, 2020
  3. Tomato router (WRT54GS) not getting DHCP lease in wireless client mode

edit: although it works in client mode; its fine for web browsing. but wow disconnects after 3 minutes maybe.

{SOLVED}

Just put it in wireless ethernet bridged mode as per the guide. not sure why client mode didnt work

I cant find my wireless antennae for my desktop after moving, and i want internets. so i plugged it into my tomato firwmared, linksys router. I setup wireless client mode as per this guide: http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3810281

And i cannot get a DHCP address for the tomato router, from the main router in the place. In the guide it shows WAN as disabled, tomato doesnt allow this, requires DHCP in client mode.

Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, May 25, 2020
  4. jon111 Win User

windows 10 dhcp client never issues dhcprequest in response to dhcpoffer

i have around 100 local devices. only one windows 10 client is having a dhcp problem. wire shark shows dhcpdiscover followed by dhcpoffer...but the client never responds with dhcprequest. i have disabled the firewall, disabled malwarebytes, reset the stack,
    rebooted... obviously dhcp client is running as it does issue the dhcpdiscover. dhcp server is isc dhcpd running on linux. there are no dhcp errors logged in the system event viewer. the system date/time is correct. the ipv4/ipv6 adapter settings are both
    set to acquire the ip address automatically. the dhcp lease time is 86400 seconds or one day. the weird thing is, it does get an ip address at system boot, which has the correct lease obtained and expires times. however the system keeps issuing dhcpdiscover
    and when the lease it up, fails to renew the ip address.

jon111, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Client PC Fails to Get DHCP Address over Ethernet - Similar Threads - Client Fails DHCP

2. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  3. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  4. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Failed to obtain IP address from DHCP Server

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to obtain IP address from DHCP Server: [ATTACH]DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It provides IP addresses and other related configuration information such as subnet mask and default gateway to the client machine. DHCP is important, especially when it comes to large networks because it...
  6. Problem with DHCP Client

Problem with DHCP Client: Hello,recently I startet my computer with Windows 10 Enterprise and encountered a huge problem. Everything was super slowly, especially everything inside the taskbar was not clickable. A lot of application could not be startet and also the internet was so slow, I could not...
  7. Unable to restart dhcp client

Unable to restart dhcp client: Hi, I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day. Originally the problem started with a light cut I think at the office and all the laptops have...
  8. Win10P64b Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client : IpAddressNotAssigned

Win10P64b Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client : IpAddressNotAssigned: Hi: I have HP Envy Desktop 16GB Memory, 3TB HD running win10p 64b 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). I have wireless and GB LAN Card. Currently I am using only GB LAN Card for communication. I have disabled Wireless connection (Completely off). My computer is connected fine and...
  9. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...
  10. Windows Desktop PC Doesn't get DHCP address on boot

Windows Desktop PC Doesn't get DHCP address on boot: Hi. I am the IT Admin at a small school. We have several desktop windows 10 PC's that run with roaming accounts. A continuing problem has been that during the first class, students boot up their computers and log in to a roaming account stored on a Windows Server 2012...