Windows 10: Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

Discus and support Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often. Recently, it stopped working correctly. It now doesn't matter which item I select from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamieLievesley, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often.

Recently, it stopped working correctly.

It now doesn't matter which item I select from the list, it will only paste the most recent value.

In this screenshot, I can select any item either via the keyboard or the mouse, but it will only ever paste "ccc" or whatever value I copied most recently.

Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item c90b75f8-4168-45f0-a618-31a59f1fe28b?upload=true.png

It doesn't matter which app or input I'm pasting into.

It doesn't paste until I select an item in the list, so its not another app hijacking the CTRL+V key combo.

I've tried restarting.
    I've tried turning the feature off and on again in Windows Settings and clearing the the clipboard data.

This renders the clipboard history feature useless.

:)

JamieLievesley, Oct 8, 2020
  2. KaidoLoor Win User

clipboard history paste of most recent item fails

Hi,

Win10 has a newish feature "clipboard history" that you can invoke with WinKey-V. This brings up the clipboard history. So far so good. But, occasionally, the paste of the first (topmost, most recently copied) item fails to paste. Fails in all applications
    where I try to paste (Notepad, Word, etc). Even CTRL-V fails to paste it.

Oddly enough, when the 1st item fails to paste and I paste the 2nd item on the history list, then the 2nd item pastes. Now if I Undo the 2nd paste, the 1st item does paste. Crazy.

Does somebody understand what is going on? Am I the only one?

Please do not recommend reinstall, /scannow and other BS.

How on earth can it be that anything that MS does, is broken so frequently?

br,

Kaido

KaidoLoor, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

Suppose I want to paste more than one item from Windows 10 clipboard history into a document. Is
    it possible to make windows 10 clipboard history pop-up persist after pasting one item so that I do not have to press Windows +
    V shortcut repeatedly for each item? Thanks

parmundsinghoutlookdotcom, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

1. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item - Similar Threads - Clipboard History pastes

2. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  3. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  4. Items on clipboard in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Items on clipboard in Windows 10.: I am working on Windows 10. When I open some documents, especially in excel, and close it, it is stated that I have items in/on my clipboard and I am asked whether it should be retained or not. How can I put this frustrating message off....
  5. Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 2004 Clipboard History deletes pinned items: I tried to post this a few days ago, but a power shutdown at the same time that I clicked on the "Submit" button might deleted it. I've noticed after the update of 2004, that each time I start my computer the pinned items in the Clipboard History are just empty rectangles....
  6. Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pasting multiple items from Windows 10 clipboard history into the same document: Suppose I want to paste more than one item from Windows 10 clipboard history into a document. Is it possible to make windows 10 clipboard history pop-up persist after pasting one item so that I do not have to press Windows + V shortcut repeatedly for each item? Thanks...
  7. clipboard history paste of most recent item fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clipboard history paste of most recent item fails: Hi, Win10 has a newish feature "clipboard history" that you can invoke with WinKey-V. This brings up the clipboard history. So far so good. But, occasionally, the paste of the first topmost, most recently copied item fails to paste. Fails in all applications where I try to...
  8. Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items: Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items Currently running Window 10 Enterprise Build 1809 with clipboard history enabled. Is this a bug or there is settings that can be modified...
  9. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item: Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example, I might go...
  10. Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How...