Windows 10: Windows 10 clipboard settings and options

Discus and support Windows 10 clipboard settings and options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to coordinate the clipboard settings with the Your Phone app to sync the clipboard with other devices. It's asking me to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 clipboard settings and options

I'm trying to coordinate the clipboard settings with the Your Phone app to sync the clipboard with other devices. It's asking me to install the Swiftkey app. What does a keyboard app have to do with this? How does it work? It asked me to send a message to my phone. I got a link to the the Swiftkey app in the text message and clicked on it, but it was intercepted by my Ublock origin adblocker, so that was odd considering I believe it's a microsoft app.

The last time I tried to do something like this was with cortana, It required me to install the microsoft launcher on my phone, which completely takes over the home page theme, making a mess of it. I don't want to go down a road like that again.

Windows 10 clipboard settings and options [​IMG]

Also, is there a way to create a shortcut to the clipboard history (not a keyboard shortcut), or perhaps someone could recommend a good clipboard manager?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 30, 2019

2. clipboard

Hello,

In Windows 10 build 17666 or later, clipboard is available.

Try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Settings.

2. In the Settings app, navigate to System > Clipboard.

3. Under Clipboard, toggle the Save multiple items option to On. This should enable clipboard history on the go.

4. Close Settings app.

You can now press Windows + V keys to view clipboard history.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 clipboard settings and options

How do I turn off clipboard history when no Clipboard option in Settings?

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 pro for workstations, 64 bit, Ver 1803, build 17134.829.

Clipboard history is active, I can view it from office applicatons, but the 'Clipboard' option is not present in the settings menu.

I'm running excel macros which calculate a series of values, storing each set of results by pasting them as values, I'm running maybe 10,000 sets of results, and I'd like to be able to go away and come back when its finished. However, the Windows clipboard
    steadily fills up with the copied results, and eventually causes things to slow and grind to a halt. In this situarion the clipboard hostory effectively works as a memory leak.

I have tried various options for clearing the clipboard history from the macro, but so far without success. I'd like to just switch Clipboard history off, but don't know how to do this in the absence of a 'Clipboard' option in Settings.

Please note, 'Application cutcopy mode = false' only clears the excel clipboard, not the windows (office?) clipboard, and so does not help with this.

Hoping someone smarter than me can help!

Many thanks!

Penny

PennyPenny1, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 clipboard settings and options

1. Windows 10 clipboard settings and options - Similar Threads - clipboard settings options

2. Changing Clipboard options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Clipboard options in Windows 10: How can I make changes to the clipboard functionality in Windows 10? For example, I want to increase or decrease the number of pinned content,Or reduce the number of contents that are deposited to the clipboard from 50. Is such a thing possible?Thank you very much....
  3. Changing Clipboard options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Clipboard options in Windows 10: How can I make changes to the clipboard functionality in Windows 10? For example, I want to increase or decrease the number of pinned content,Or reduce the number of contents that are deposited to the clipboard from 50. Is such a thing possible?Thank you very much....
  4. Changing Clipboard options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home

Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home: When I attempt to access the clipboard settings, all the settings are greyed out and at the top it says *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I have one administrator account on this computer ONLY, that doesn't even have a Microsoft account...
  6. Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home

Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home: When I attempt to access the clipboard settings, all the settings are greyed out and at the top it says *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I have one administrator account on this computer ONLY, that doesn't even have a Microsoft account...
  7. clipboard settings

clipboard settings: I can't find my clipboard settings in my system settings I navigated through start > settings > system clipboard was missing from there Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-settings/ad2f30f3-947c-4f13-9387-4d2fb5575a61
  8. Windows 10 clipboard settings and options

Windows 10 clipboard settings and options: I'm trying to coordinate the clipboard settings with the Your Phone app to sync the clipboard with other devices. It's asking me to install the Swiftkey app. What does a keyboard app have to do with this? How does it work? It asked me to send a message to my phone. I got a...
  9. Clipboard settings Missing in windows 10

Clipboard settings Missing in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to enable clipboard history in Windows 10. My Windows is showing as up to date, version 1803. When I click Windowsbutton/V I get nothing When I search for Clipboard in my Windows settings I get nothing any ideas?...
  10. How do I turn off clipboard history when no Clipboard option in Settings?

How do I turn off clipboard history when no Clipboard option in Settings?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 pro for workstations, 64 bit, Ver 1803, build 17134.829. Clipboard history is active, I can view it from office applicatons, but the 'Clipboard' option is not present in the settings menu. I'm running excel macros which calculate a series of...