Windows 10: Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights

Discus and support Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; An upcoming Windows 10 feature update is set to improve ‘Cloud Clipboard’ with support for a few features, including ‘paste as plain text’. In addition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 19, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights

An upcoming Windows 10 feature update is set to improve ‘Cloud Clipboard’ with support for a few features, including ‘paste as plain text’. In addition to Cloud Clipboard improvements, Microsoft is also testing a new Action Center feature that will allow Bluetooth alerts to stay on the screen for a few extra seconds.

As you may be aware, typing Win+V brings up the Clipboard history experience on Windows 10. The Clipboard history screen allows you to pin frequently-pasted items, access the history of Ctrl+V, and sync the content across all your PCs if you choose to enable it.

Microsoft is now testing a new update for Windows Clipboard history that will allow you to access the “Paste as plain text” option alongside the existing pin and delete buttons.

Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights Windows-Clipboard-UI.jpg

By default, Windows 10 allows you to paste the text with the “Ctrl + V” keyboard shortcut, which includes the original formatting. When using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or any other app, pasting content from a web page or another app using the keyboard shortcut will always include the original formatting (text style, such as bold, italic, font, etc).

In some apps like Microsoft Word, you can right-click in the document to open the context menu and paste as plain text (clean paste without formatting).

In version 21H2, Windows 10 is getting native support for Paste as plain text”, which means you can finally paste the texts in all of your apps without any weird formatting.

To use this new feature, you would simply need to open clipboard history (WIN + V) and click on the “Paste as plain text” option under the item. This will allow the text to match the formatting of the original document or the app.

Windows Clipboard to support emojis and GIFs

Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights Emoji-clipboard.jpg

Microsoft has added a new panel to the clipboard history that will allow users to insert GIFs, emoji and kaomoji. This will make it easier for users to insert the media contents in WhatsApp, Messenger, emails, etc.

Reports have also suggested that Microsoft is working to extend clipboard history to all Android phones and tablets with the SwiftKey keyboard app.

The post Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 19, 2021

2. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Feb 19, 2021
  3. BetwixtAg Win User
    Pasting from clipboard

Thank you, The first suggestion worked. The second did also provided I did not click in the Paint window first.

I'd spent some time trying to work it out for myself but was fooled by the clipboard window always closing prematurely. So thanks again.

Also thanks to Frederick, although solved, I've noted your alternative suggestion.

BetwixtAg, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights

copy and paste

Windows standard works in most places:

Select first item in a list (one click)

For contiguous list selection:

Hold the Shift key down, click on the last item in a list

For non-contiguous list selection:

Hold the Ctrl key down, click on each item you want to save

With selected items shown, simply hold the Ctrl key down and press the c key

These steps will save what you have selected to the Windows clipboard

You can then paste what is on the clipboard (not-selectively) in most places by simply placing the cursor where you want the copy to be, then hold down the Ctrl key and press v

Canadian Tech, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights

1. Windows 10 Clipboard update will take copy-and-paste to new heights - Similar Threads - Clipboard update copy

2. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  3. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  4. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  5. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  6. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard): I was just working on some lab materials on a MOOC when I realized that a particular feature would be really interesting if it were available. When you copy you copy it to the Clipboard, and Win + V allows you to select what to paste if you have a Clipboard History. But what...
  8. Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem): If I am copying and pasting text from one text file to another. Or from anywhere to anywhere, it usually forgets after a single paste, and I have to go and re-copy it again. Or, if I copy something and don't paste it straight away, it will forget before I even get to paste it...
  9. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...
  10. Copy and Paste taking forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy and Paste taking forever: Firstly hello all new to the forum and have browsed for other related issues like mine but cant seem to quite find one thats in the same context so heres my issue.. Laptop specs (its not a brilliant laptop but its quite fast) Issue: when i CTRL + C a folder and CTRL + V...