Windows 10: Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is a feature-rich operating system that has loyal users all over the world. Though it is regarded as the best, some issues crop up at times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 1, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing

Windows 10 is a feature-rich operating system that has loyal users all over the world. Though it is regarded as the best, some issues crop up at times which can be fixed in a couple of ways. Some of the users are facing issues with the display of time on the taskbar. They are seeing a box instead of a colon between the hours and minutes. Let’s see how we can fix this Clock Colon missing issue on Windows 10.

Windows 10 Clock Colon missing

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing Time-Display-Malfunction.png

The potential reason for the Windows 10 Clock Colon to go missing in the first place is incompatible fonts. It would be resolved if we restore the default fonts.

To begin restoring default fonts on your Windows 10 PC to fix time display malfunction, you need to back up the registry to be on the safe side if anything goes wrong. In that case, we can use the backup registry to restore. To do so, press Win+R on your keyboard to open the Run box. Type regedit.exe in the box and press Enter.

Go to the following path in the Registry Editor.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Now, click on File in the Menu and select Export…

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing Export-Registry.png

Name the file with anything you will remember and save it in your chosen location on your PC.

After completing the backup of the registry, we need to create a default font registry. To create it, open Notepad and copy/paste the command below.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"
    "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"
    "Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"
    "Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"
    "Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"
    "Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"
    "Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"=-

Now, click on File in the menu and select Save As.

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing Save-As-in-Notepad.png

Name the file as defaultfont.reg and change Save type as to All Files. Then, click on Save and save it in your chosen location.

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing Create-Registry-File.png

Now, open the newly created defaultfont.reg file to run the registry. Click on Yes on the next two warning dialog boxes and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

After restart, the time display malfunction issue will be fixed and you can see time correctly without any errors.

Read: Windows 10 Clock Time wrong? Here is the working fix!

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing Time-Display-Malfunction.png
    This article Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 1, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Clock on taskbar missing ':'

There is a thread in this forum which has an answer :
    Win 10 Pro Creators update taskbar clock anomaly - any suggestions?

The answer was given by threevolve, post #9.
    3 other members in the same thread had confirmed that the solution worked.

davidhk, May 1, 2021
  3. Sonny1st Win User
    Clock on taskbar missing ':'

Hello, I fired up the pc yesterday and noticed that the clock on the taskbar is now displaying a square o instead of a colon.

Anyone have an idea on how to get the colon back on the clock? (screenshot attached)
    Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing [​IMG]

Thanks!

Sonny1st, May 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing

1. Windows 10 Clock Colon is missing - Similar Threads - Clock Colon missing

2. windows 11 clock missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 clock missing: windows performed a system update on march 5, 2023 [2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913]windows 11 clock is missing along with the small icons showing running apps...
  3. windows 11 clock missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 clock missing: windows performed a system update on march 5, 2023 [2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913]windows 11 clock is missing along with the small icons showing running apps...
  4. Clock missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock missing: Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit 21H1.For some unknown reason the clock is now missing from the task bar,any suggestions to retrieve it ? 180238
  5. Clock missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock missing: So Microsoft added this "news feed" feature and in doing so my clock is completely gone from the taskbar. I just want my old settings back. I go to taskbar settings turn Clock off and then back on, nothing. How do I get my clock back?...
  6. Clock missing from taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock missing from taskbar on Windows 10: I recently updated my computer which is running Windows 10. Now my clock is missing from the taskbar. How to I pin it to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-missing-from-taskbar-on-windows-10/356e9b3b-6506-477d-bbb1-8c79913b3f1c
  7. Missing clock...really!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing clock...really!?: Ok, so who is the rocket scientist at Microsoft who decided to forget or ruin the date/time that normally resides in the lower right corner of any computer in the world? Hey Microsoft, how about testing your products before you release them?...
  8. Windows 10 Clock is missing, invisible or black

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Clock is missing, invisible or black: [ATTACH] Windows Updates do bring in new features and improvements, but sometimes they introduce problems as well. The main reason for new bugs arising being incompatibility between old and new software components. One such issue that we are going to talk [...] This post...
  9. Clock on taskbar missing ':'

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock on taskbar missing ':': Hello, I fired up the pc yesterday and noticed that the clock on the taskbar is now displaying a square o instead of a colon. Anyone have an idea on how to get the colon back on the clock? (screenshot attached) [img] Thanks! 96436
  10. Logo and colon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logo and colon: Upgrading to 10. After a restart all I see on my screen is the windows logo and below it, a colon. Is this normal? Been like this for several minutes, nothing is happening. 37494