Windows 10: Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having problems with the windows 10 clock. Every time I turn on my laptop, the clock is 3 hours ahead UTC, instead, it should be UTC - 3. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by santiagovallejo1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly

I'm having problems with the windows 10 clock. Every time I turn on my laptop, the clock is 3 hours ahead UTC, instead, it should be UTC - 3. It started to work that way since I did a clean install of windows 10 build 19041 2004 last week . I've been trying a lot of things from using the auto-update time feature from both time.nist.gov and time.windows.com to stopping and re-starting the windows time process to powershell's terminal , but every time I reset my laptop, the times goes wrong again.

I can do it manually, but it's annoying, what can I do?

Side note: I'm also using Ubuntu and its clock is working well, so it's clearly a Windows problem.

Thanks

:)

santiagovallejo1, Jun 21, 2020
  2. SiSig_ Win User

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10

Hi Amruta,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I will require few information to understand the issue better.

• From when are you facing this issue, was it previously working correctly?
    • You can check if the Windows time services are working properly.

Steps:-

1: Check the status of Windows time service.

1. In the desktop window, Press windows key + R.
    2. Type services.msc in run window.
    3. From the services window find 'windows time' and double click on it.
    4. If service status is stopped, click on start and press ok.

2: Check if the date and the time zone is set correctly.

Try restarting the windows time service and check:

1. Single click on time and date display at the right bottom of screen.
    2. Select internet time tab and click change settings and click update now and press ok.

3: Try to Synchronize with internet clock:

1. Open control panel and click on Date and Time icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Internet Time tab, and click/tap on the
      Change settings button.
    3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on
      Yes.
    4. Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box, select a
      time server, and click/tap on Update now.
    5. If an error occurred, then click/tap on Update now again to see if it may successfully synchronize now.
    6. When the clock is successfully synchronized, click/tap on
      OK.
    7. Click/tap on OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 21, 2020
  4. AmrutaC Win User

Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly

Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10

Windows 10 64 bit

The additional clock added via 'Date and Time' is wrong. However the 'Alarm and Clock' shows correct time.

Added additional clock for Austin (UTC-5) and UTC.

• 'Alarm and Clock' displays UTC-5 time
    • 'Date and Time' displays UTC-4 time

Please check the screenshot added below.

Any helps will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly 5a07cdce-de49-4ff6-832b-68d4260d51dd?upload=true.png

AmrutaC, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly

1. Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly - Similar Threads - clock displaying correctly

2. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  3. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  4. Why does it display "Colck" instead of "Clock"? In windows 10 time and clock window/calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does it display "Colck" instead of "Clock"? In windows 10 time and clock window/calendar: Is it done intentionally or a spelling error?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-display-colck-instead-of-clock-in/2fe64a8b-2b10-457e-af78-c9107ab7e059
  5. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  6. Windows Display Clock

Windows Display Clock: Background: Essentially, since I've gotten my desktop computer, the display time for windows on my computer has been 5 or so minutes ahead of the actual time. I've tried to fix this before using command prompt SFC scans and DISM scans admittedly I wasn't entirely sure what...
  7. Clock not set correctly

Clock not set correctly: Please give me a simple step by baby step of what to do to set the clock to the proper time on Window 10? It is 18 minutes fast behind . I have NEVER had this issue so I haven't dealt with it before. Can I just say please be very very specific in your answer as I am having...
  8. Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off

Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off: [ATTACH]I have a problem on a new computer I just got last month, I only just realized the problem today, the clock that is in the taskbar shows the correct time for my timezone, but for everything else, such as discord. shows time in the opposite time AM PM and the time it...
  9. Clock displays incorrect time

Clock displays incorrect time: The clock displays the incorrect time for my time zone. When I try to change it, the drop down menu does not offer MST (Canada). How do I get the correct time dislpayed?...
  10. Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios: I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow. Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings. Yes, it...