Windows 10: windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot

Discus and support windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I cloned my hard drive a Seagate 2T to a WD 2T using acronics software I removed my Seagate drive and plugged in my WD drive in the same spot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wdieckm, Dec 13, 2015.

1. wdieckm Win User

windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot

Hi
    I cloned my hard drive a Seagate 2T to a WD 2T using acronics software
    I removed my Seagate drive and plugged in my WD drive in the same spot and system would not boot
    tried using windows 10 repair disk no luck plugged the Seagate drive back in booted???

:)

wdieckm, Dec 13, 2015
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

Windows 10 Installed on Wrong Drive

you can directly
    clone windows 10 hard drive to SSD
    . To successfully clone windows 10 hard drive to SSD, you need to pay attention to the following things:

1. before you start to clone, you need to take out extra hard drive. This can avoid your cloning windows 10 on the wrong drive.

2. after you clone, you need to install your SSD on the location of HDD and change boot order via BIOS.

Ivy336289, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Clone disk won't boot

I cloned my Win 10 system and cannot boot on the new Hard drive. I used Acronis to perform the clone.

EdwardWixson, Dec 13, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try installing Macrium Reflect Free and creating a Macrium reflect rescue disk/USB. Then with the new hard drive only installed, boot from the Macrium Reflect Free USB/DVD and under the restore menu will be a fix startup problems utility. See if that fixes your boot problem.

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2015
  5. sn00ker Win User
    I had been using Acronis since version 8, I always updated every year to the latest, 2014 is where I stop using Acronis and will never go back. Macrium Reflect Free can't say enough good things about it and the best part it's free.

sn00ker, Dec 13, 2015
  6. Molyy Win User
    There are many good free clone software, such as free Easeus todo backup, Clonezilla, aomei Backupper. I'd say Easeus todo backup works quite well to me.

Molyy, Dec 15, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Have you tried Startup Repair from your Windows installation medium? That's what I had to do.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 clone hard drive will no boot - Similar Threads - clone hard drive

2. How to Clone a Hard Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Clone a Hard Drive in Windows 10: We often need to back up our data when we wish to switch to a different PC or sell off the old one. If you are using an old hard drive and wish to switch to SSD, you may need to create a Windows 10 clone drive. There is a huge difference between disk cloning and disk imaging....
  3. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  4. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  5. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cloned hard drive wont boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    cloned hard drive wont boot up: Hi all Can anyone help cloned a hard drive to a bigger drive but no matter what i try i cannot boot up i have a hp compaq elite 8300 183823
  7. Cloning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Hard Drive: I use an ssd for booting windows and I had a bad 1TB hard drive which I'm now cloning to a better 2TB hard drive using Macrium Reflect. The cloning is almost done (90%) but I have a few questions. How does it work with the download/picture/documents folder in File...
  8. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  9. Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium USB boot to clone hard drive: Am using Macrium personal free version;I find it a great product. I use it to clone my laptop hard drive to a spare hard drive connected via USB in case laptop hard drive fail. Well I had a failure the other day in the laptop hard drive. It could boot but was somewhat non...
  10. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 clone hdd partition no boot