Windows 10: Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 computer close all open apps when going into standby or sleep mode, or closes them on waking up, then you might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep

WinClub, Dec 18, 2019
  2. antzshrek Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Laptop keeps restarting after going to sleep (when the lid is closed).

Hi Craig,

It's possible that your lid close action is configured to shut down your computer. To make sure your settings are properly configured, you can refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then choose Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by: option on the upper-right-part of the screen to Small icons.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select your power plan (e.g. High Performance), then choose Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Go to Sleep settings, then disable hybrid sleep.
    • Under Power Buttons and Lid, check if
      Sleep is chosen as action when lid is close.
    • Hit Apply and OK.

If the lid close action is set to Sleep, we suggest checking if your drivers are up-to-date. When it comes to sleep mode issues, the driver related are network, chipset, and BIOS drivers. To update your drivers, you can refer to this

link

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

PC standby(sleep) problem

Hi all,

when I got my PC, it would go to standby fine, but after a while, for no apparent reason, it suddenly decided to not correctly go to standby anymore.

What it does at the moment after i give the standby command, is that it takes really long to shut down, and then when normally it correctly turns everything audible off, it keeps all the fans running. The only thing similar is the flashing power LED, which still flashes. After I try to wake up the PC again after such a faulty standby, it wont turn on, and the PC needs a reset in order get it running again. After this reset it will give the message that windows did not close correctly.

I've read something that this relates to the correctly functioning of the S3 state of my mobo, however, there is no such option in the bios(uefi), so there is no way i accidentally messed that up. I also checked things like lan controllers on their wake-up behavior, tried it with every variable, but the system still wont work correctly.

Is there anyone with an idea about this weird and annoying motherboard(?) behavior?
    I would really like to be able to turn my PC to standby(sleep), instead of shutting it down completely, since my HDD's arent the fastest around, and the 16GB prefetch buffer(my RAM *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep :p) really helps in keeping my system nice and snappy at normal use.

Mathragh, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep - Similar Threads - closes apps going

2. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.: I have followed instructions from previous responses to this question checked the USB setting, run SFC but still no luck. Since until now I have always switched the PC off after use, I do not know if Sleep ever worked and if it did, when it stopped for me to try the rollback...
  3. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.: I have followed instructions from previous responses to this question checked the USB setting, run SFC but still no luck. Since until now I have always switched the PC off after use, I do not know if Sleep ever worked and if it did, when it stopped for me to try the rollback...
  4. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  6. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  7. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sleep mode closing all apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode closing all apps: Not sure if flair is right, but for whatever reason, whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep mode, any apps that I had opened before (Chrome, Word, etc) are all closed. When I tried to open Chrome, it said that it failed to shut down properly. Any idea as to why this is...
  9. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...
  10. Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update

Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update: Since there seems to be no official bug reporting tool for windows, I'll post may problem and its solution here, since I think it may be useful to others: Recently, my fully updated Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (Windows tablet) started to close all apps (not desktop programs!!)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 closes all open programs when going to sleep

2. sleep closes apps windows 10 2020

3. windows 10 closes apps when sleep

4. audible app closes standbye win 10,
  5. windows 10 sleep closes apps