Windows 10: Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zach_Bowman, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not other times.

:)

Zach_Bowman, Feb 10, 2022
  2. SJ 974 Win User

Applications close when notebook goes into sleep mode

I'm using Windows 10 on an Asus Transformer notebook.

When I set my notebook to sleep, and subsequently wake it up, it takes an unusually long time to wake-up, and once its working again, it turns out that all applications, web browser pages etc have been closed.

The problem started after my notebook experienced a "bluescreen" problem. I've since tried all sorts of things to remedy the problem, including updating Windows, reinstalling Windows (using the "Reset this PC" function), updating the Intel Management Engine
    interface (as suggested by the Asus support site) etc. All to no avail.

I've tested for the same problem when the notebook runs Windows 10 in safe mode: when running in safe mode, the sleep function works as normal.

Please help?!

SJ 974, Feb 10, 2022
  3. Sleep Mode closes all applications

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it appears to have closed all the applications including chrome tabs and word documents. With word it is causing a lot of lost material.

This started happening back in January, and I still haven't found a fix - Please suggest something.

Karimu Corbeek, Feb 10, 2022
  4. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

1. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - closes applications while

2. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  3. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  4. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.: I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not...
  5. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.: I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not...
  6. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  7. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  8. Windows closes all applications on sleep

9. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode: This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution....
  10. Windows 10 going into sleep mode randomly while lid is closed

Windows 10 going into sleep mode randomly while lid is closed: Hi, I've already updated power options to keep Windows stay awake when the lid closed. I experienced these settings and it's working correctly. But, during using the laptop gaming, programming, etc. windows going into sleep mode randomly. What is 'randomly'? Sometimes, It is...