Windows 10: Windows 10 closes previously opened windows

Discus and support Windows 10 closes previously opened windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 seems to be an all-around failure. When I'm in an application, then open up a new window from that application and close it the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdweaver, Jun 29, 2020.

1. jdweaver Win User

Windows 10 closes previously opened windows

Windows 10 seems to be an all-around failure. When I'm in an application, then open up a new window from that application and close it the previous window was mysteriously minimized. Or while in my PHOTOS folder then open a photo to view it, then close that photo out, my PHOTOS folder has been minimized. I've never had a computer or laptop that did such a thing.

:)

jdweaver, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 closes previously opened windows - Similar Threads - closes previously opened

2. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  3. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  4. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.

Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.: it had first started when i had updated and shut down a few days ago. then i had noticed the settings application would open then close every time i tried to open it to change settings. Then i had tried to change display settings and i would get an error that popped up and...
  6. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes: To tech professionals, I have windows 10 Home single language. When I open any Microsoft app Photos, Mail, Calendar, Groove music, Weather etc.., it shows the border of the app and the close it immediately. But this is not happen to Microsoft store. It opens normally and...
  7. windows 10 photo app opens and closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photo app opens and closed: HELP. Windows 10 Photo opens and closes. All of a sudden for no apparent reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-opens-and-closed/f74a7b46-86f7-4fda-8eb7-53dcca2efb7b
  8. Minecraft Opens then closes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Opens then closes Windows 10: I see many people have the same problem just haven't figured out what was wrong. When I open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition its closes a couple of seconds later, I've reinstalled it multi-able times and I haven't changed at all. I would really like a way to solve this problem...
  9. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10: I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for Linux but it doesn't work. Bash comes up and says :press any key to continue" and when I do it immediately closes. I have...
  10. Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best. This tutorial will show...