Windows 10: Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps.

Discus and support Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I thought I had this solved, but obviously I didn't. Computer does not shutdown just closes everything it has happen before. Previously I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grahamleo, Jan 21, 2020.

1. grahamleo Win User

Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps.

I thought I had this solved, but obviously I didn't.

Computer does not shutdown just closes everything it has happen before.

Previously I had trouble with "memory management" and the Computer restarting but it has not happened again, so far.

I make my computer work hard with a lot of programs, apps plus open but I have the monitor open and it is telling me I have not approach anywhere need capacity.

thanks and regards

I am unsure which category of Windows 10 this applies.

:)

grahamleo, Jan 21, 2020

2. Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Hi,

The issue your experiencing about the hyperlink can happen to one or more of the following reasons:

• The setting where you choose what web browser that you want to use is corrupted. This can cause Windows to misinterpret which browser is set as the default browser on your computer.
    • After the software was installed, settings were changed, which can cause links to webpages to work incorrectly.
    • A previously installed browser or add-in might be interfering with other software on your computer.
    • Registry keys were changed or became corrupted.

You can set Internet Explore or Microsoft Edge as your default browser for opening weblinks in your app and check if the issue will still occur.

We suggest to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser. See steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Jatkowski Win User
    Can no longer access apps in web browser

Mays, I did each of the steps in the order you listed and then restarted the computer, I have just tried 1.Clicking on an app (stickypassword) 2.it again opens on top of the web browser page 3.But when I moved the mouse the open app disappears from the web
    browser open page 4.When I minimize the browser the app is on the desktop So nothing changed with this fix. What else can I try

Thank you

bunnie

Jatkowski, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 closing all my open programs, web browser, apps. - Similar Threads - closing open programs

2. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  3. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  4. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  6. After Windows update kb5001028 all web browsers not responding and close.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update kb5001028 all web browsers not responding and close.: Hi, After installing the Windows 10 kb5001028 update all my browsers Edge, Chrome, Brave, Firefox give a not responding error and then close. This also happens with the windows dialogs like msconfig. They just open then immediately close by themselves. Is this a known...
  7. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately: [ATTACH]At times it may happen that a Microsoft Store app os a classic Program […] This article Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 closes all open programs/apps while laptop is sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closes all open programs/apps while laptop is sleeping: I have a HP Omen laptop with Windows 10 64-bit installed. Each time I open my laptop over the last few days, I find that all of my open programs e.g., Chrome, Excel, Notepad, Windows Mail, Explorer, Media Player have closed. I checked C:\Windows\Minidump for a dump file and...
  9. Web browsers keep randomly closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browsers keep randomly closing.: I recently encountered this issue earlier today. Google chrome was working fine a week before. It doesn’t take to long for a web browser to close by itself. Ranging from 10 seconds to about 2 minutes. I did notice on google chrome that the browser was not closed properly,...
  10. All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them: Date: December 19, 2019. Last week, on December 9, 2019, I encountered a problem with Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I would click to open the browser, it would immediately open and then close itself. After multiple reinstallations failed to fix the problem, I gave up on...