Windows 10: Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nutmix, Nov 19, 2020.

1. nutmix Win User

Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power-winpc/windows-10-closing-applications-upon-sleep-or/5ee75ff5-b520-4671-8ab8-b0ba9d7dd51c

In the above discussion, they propose a few different options:

1 updating display drivers. I have an NVidia GTX 1060 on my laptop, and if I right click on the adapter in device manager, it says its up to date.

2 remove antivirus. I am using windows built in anti-virus, and running with no anti-virus is not an option.

3 search event viewer and find out what is causing the issue. This one sounds promising, how do I do this? I have the event viewer open, but dont really know where to look. E.g. which section? I dont see anything obvious under "system"

The driver \Driver\WSDPrintDevice for device SWD\DAFWSDProvider\urn:uuid:16a65700-007c-1000-bb49-30cda7b6e9e4/uriWindows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode :printer1 stopped the power transition.

Does anyone know if all the apps are being killed on going to sleep, or on resuming from sleep?

:)

nutmix, Nov 19, 2020
  2. MasAm)()( Win User

UNRESOLVED June 2019: Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

I have a new Acer Swift 5 SF515-51T, and am getting a persistent fatal issue which is making me want to entirely abandon Windows (and Acer) after a life time of support. the problem is that the Laptop appears to shut down about half of the time I close the
    lid, instead of sleeping when it wakes up all apps are closed, work and sessions are lost, but everything appears normal. sometimes it sleeps as it should, but generally not, rendering the laptop extremely frustrating for travel or basically any use.

this issue was first reported in 2015 when people were running Windows 8, and Microsoft has barely addressed it beyond suggesting tweaking the Sleep/power settings, and certainty has not provided any stable fix I can see - orginal thread
    here Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode. as it is a new laptop its running Windows 10 v1809 (updated this morning to 1903,
    no change).

I have tried all community suggested solutions from the above thread and others including:

• resetting, Troubleshooting, and tweaking and experimenting with Sleep/Power settings- my windows does not have an option of Hybrid Sleep which solved the issue for some but is not available for me. I've turned off Hibernate, and everything is Sleep. Fast
      Boot is turned off.
    • updating Intel display drivers (which I had to do manually given Acer does not provide the latest, but the issue is consistant between several versions of driver, including one from late 2018 to the most current), also tried uninstalling the display driver
      refresh it
    • Updated Acer BIOS successfully
    • Disabled XBOX services
    • Disabled Adobe Auto Update

when is Microsoft going to fix this issue for users, there are other posts of this problem from 2019 FOUR YEARS (and a new OS) AFTER it was first reported. if I don't get a fix I will be changing platforms

MasAm)()(, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

1. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - closing applications upon

2. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  3. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  4. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.: I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not...
  6. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  7. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  8. UNRESOLVED June 2019: Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UNRESOLVED June 2019: Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode: I have a new Acer Swift 5 SF515-51T, and am getting a persistent fatal issue which is making me want to entirely abandon Windows (and Acer) after a life time of support. the problem is that the Laptop appears to shut down about half of the time I close the lid, instead of...
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...