Windows 10: Windows 10 closing applications

Discus and support Windows 10 closing applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, as in a week from today I've been encountering an issue with my device. Notably three programs on my machine don't open up on my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JerrySeinfeld0, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 closing applications

Recently, as in a week from today I've been encountering an issue with my device. Notably three programs on my machine don't open up on my desktop. They appear on the task manager for a few seconds then disappear. I thought it might have to do with my virtual memory, but increasing it from the default doesn't seem to have solved my issue. Said programs appear as 'running' in the Services application. If it's 'running' then why doesn't it appear on my desktop?

For clarity the programs I'm having issues with are: Tastyworks, SurfShark vpn, and Proton vpn. I thought Surfshark might have been the issue so I decided to give proton a try, and to no ones surprise it doesn't work either.

I'm stumped...

:)

JerrySeinfeld0, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 20, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 closing applications

WIndows 10 minimizing applications without permission.

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide the following below:

• Are there any specific apps of which it automatically closes?
    • What are the basic troubleshooting steps you already did?
    In the meantime, what I can suggest is for you to try the instructions on the community provided by
    Jesinta Rozario through this
    link.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 closing applications

1. Windows 10 closing applications - Similar Threads - closing applications

2. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  3. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  4. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

6. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

8. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  9. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  10. Keep getting an application error when I simply close an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting an application error when I simply close an app: Hello! So I've been seeing this problem with a new Windows install.. basically when I close some if the apps, the event viewer and the reliability monitor say that the app has stopped working. Windows seem to be working fine though... I guess I could simply ignore these...