Windows 10: Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e...

Discus and support Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My external hard drive is failing to delete/copy/move files. The Windows Event Viewer indicates the hard drive has a bad block. Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinDussault1, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e...

Hello,

My external hard drive is failing to delete/copy/move files. The Windows Event Viewer indicates the hard drive has a bad block. Online suggestions recommended running a disk check with CMD, which resulted in an unspecified error. I have also attempted to check the disk using Drive Manager, which failed, and attempted to repair it using the provided prompt, which also failed.

I'm attempting to use the Recuva data recovery tool. The initial check found 100,000+ files at stage one but encountered an error at stage 3 indicating no files were found. I'm attempting a deep scan but after 30 minutes it is still at 0% progress. Not feeling hopeful.

I can provide specs of my computer hardware, though this issue persists on all my devices.

CMD Transcript:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f D:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is ____________________

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    119552 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    17 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    110 reparse records processed.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 26.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 26.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 26.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file C8.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file C8.
    Sorting index $I30 in file C8.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 1DD.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 1DD.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 1DD.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 273.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 273.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 273.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 49C.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 49C.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 49C.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 4AE.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 4AE.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 4AE.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 532.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 532.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 532.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 5CB.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 5CB.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 5CB.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 61C.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 61C.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 61C.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 68D.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 68D.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 68D.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 696.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 696.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 696.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file 69F.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file 69F.
    Sorting index $I30 in file 69F.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file A62.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file A62.
    Sorting index $I30 in file A62.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file C51.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file C51.
    Sorting index $I30 in file C51.
    Correcting error in index $I30 for file C71.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $I30 for file C71.
    An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 8cd.

:)

MartinDussault1, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error Windows 10

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due corrupted components. We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the file properly:

• Right click on the Windows icon and open Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, at the Search Control Panel tab type in
      Sync Center
      and select the Sync Center at the results.
    • On the left menu, select Manage Offline Files.
    • In the Offline Files window, switch to Disk Usage tab.
    • Click the Delete temporary files button.
    • Try deleting the file that has the error before.
    Meanwhile, have you tried moving the folder in a different location before deleting the whole contents?

Get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e...

An unspecified error occurred

Hi Matija,

The unspecified error you've received is really strange and is might be due to a variety of reasons.

That being said, have you tried checking the DVD on a different Windows 10 PC and is getting the same error?

In the meantime, let's run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e...

1. Windows 10 CMD Disk Check Results in unspecified error 696e... - Similar Threads - CMD Disk Check

2. Disk Check Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Check Error: On every startup, I've been getting a disk check prompt and a "Scanning and repairing drive C:..." message. Sometimes these messages would pop up twice within one startup too. However, whenever it gets to the latter message, a percentage is never shown and it boots up to the...
  3. Windows cmd check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cmd check: Did a -ano netscan on windows cmd for hacks against my PC and saw some foreign addresses with http I couldn't see. See attached YouTube netscanWanted to ask if you guys saw anything?Was looking through task manager and saw 'localservicenonetworkfirewall' running which another...
  4. Windows cmd check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cmd check: Did a -ano netscan on windows cmd for hacks against my PC and saw some foreign addresses with http I couldn't see. See attached YouTube netscanWanted to ask if you guys saw anything?Was looking through task manager and saw 'localservicenonetworkfirewall' running which another...
  5. Windows cmd check

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  7. Check disk in command prompt CMD

Check disk in command prompt CMD: Hello, I also appealed to the Microsoft community in which I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful command disk commands in command prompt CMD Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  8. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  9. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  10. check disk for errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    check disk for errors: I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/check-disk-for-errors/9617a391-7a5a-4ae5-b6af-57ce75e0e0d7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap