Windows 10: Windows 10 cmd prompt blinking and closing. won't stay open.

Discus and support Windows 10 cmd prompt blinking and closing. won't stay open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out why I can't get my cmd prompt to stay open. I have tried several things I have found online. right click start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ECHEMH, Jul 3, 2020.

1. ECHEMH Win User

Windows 10 cmd prompt blinking and closing. won't stay open.

I am trying to figure out why I can't get my cmd prompt to stay open. I have tried several things I have found online.

right click start button

choose powershell admin
    copy/paste this command
    Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

I also tried checking my antivirus and seeing if anything was vaulted that should not have been. I also tried disabling my antivirus and running cmd.

I also tried running from task manager. I tried to do the Win cmd then Shift + Control + Enter and it still blinks.

I even updated my computer thinking that might be it but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ECHEMH, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2020
  4. msilverio Win User

Command Prompt Won't Close

Ok, so on my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop, I can open command prompt (Normal and Admin), but can not close any of the CMD windows I open unless I go through the Task Manager and shut them down. I do not have that issue on my desktop, which is also running Windows 10 Pro. Is there any known fix to this issue that anyone knows of? The laptop is the only Windows 10 device I've run across that has this issue. It is just incredibly aggrivating that I have to go through the Task Manager just to close the cmd windows *Mad

msilverio, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cmd prompt blinking and closing. won't stay open. - Similar Threads - cmd prompt blinking

2. Weird cmd prompt opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  3. Weird cmd prompt opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  4. Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes: When Im doing stuff like school work or playing video games command prompt randomly opens up and closes. Its really annoying and im scared theres something wrong with my pc and i really hope its not messed up. Once i caught it and it says it was "terminating damaged files"...
  5. Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes: When Im doing stuff like school work or playing video games command prompt randomly opens up and closes. Its really annoying and im scared theres something wrong with my pc and i really hope its not messed up. Once i caught it and it says it was "terminating damaged files"...
  6. Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes

7. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  8. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  9. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  10. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...