Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cold Start

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cold Start in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Question: When I first power up my laptop, I get the background screen. When I access the mouse or touch the trackpad my screen flashes wildly. I got... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by trapplayer, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Cold Start

Question:

When I first power up my laptop, I get the background screen. When I access the mouse or touch the trackpad my screen flashes wildly. I got to reboot the laptop, and everything is resolved; the problem disappears. -- Quite baffling ?? -- Anyone ever encountered this, or heard about this?? Thanks -- A.J.

:)

trapplayer, Jul 1, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Windows 10 - Cold Start [​IMG]

Windows 10 - Cold Start [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Cold Start

Windows 10: Issues with using Cold Turkey and getting error message "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cold Turkey\web\stats.pol' is denied.".

Hi Aaron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings or app is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application", are you getting any error code along with the error message?
    • When you say that "installed a productivity app on my laptop called Cold Turkey", have you downloaded the app from Windows Store?

I suggest you to follow the methods below to uninstall the app and then try to reinstall the app from Windows Store. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to uninstall the
    Cold Turkey from apps settings.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on System.

4. Click on Apps and features.

5. Search for Cold Turkey app and click on it.

6. Then click on Remove to uninstall the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to reinstall the Cold Turkey app from the Windows Store and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/music/album/beki-****/cold-turkey/8d6kgx6n8q0m

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with using Cold turkey on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Cold Start

1. Windows 10 - Cold Start - Similar Threads - Cold Start

2. Windows 10 Gets Stuck on Welcome Screen After Reboot or Cold Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Gets Stuck on Welcome Screen After Reboot or Cold Start Up: Hello,A few weeks ago I started having an issue where after performing a cold start up or reboot my PC gets stuck on the "Welcome screen" after logging in. My computer is a home Media Server where the OS is installed on a m.2 drive. Aside from hosting the Media application...
  3. Windows 10 Gets Stuck on Welcome Screen After Reboot or Cold Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Gets Stuck on Welcome Screen After Reboot or Cold Start Up: Hello,A few weeks ago I started having an issue where after performing a cold start up or reboot my PC gets stuck on the "Welcome screen" after logging in. My computer is a home Media Server where the OS is installed on a m.2 drive. Aside from hosting the Media application...
  4. Windows 10 Gets Stuck on Welcome Screen After Reboot or Cold Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. msedgewebview2 show slowly first time in cold start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msedgewebview2 show slowly first time in cold start.: hi all. I am using Microsoft Edge WebView2 replacing the CEF for showing page in my app. but i found that the web page shows slowly first time in cold start. about 7-8s After analyzing for a period of time, it is basically confirmed that it is caused by file io reading and...
  6. msedgewebview2 show slowly first time in cold start.

msedgewebview2 show slowly first time in cold start.: hi all. I am using Microsoft Edge WebView2 replacing the CEF for showing page in my app. but i found that the web page shows slowly first time in cold start. about 7-8s After analyzing for a period of time, it is basically confirmed that it is caused by file io reading and...
  7. msedgewebview2 show slowly first time in cold start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?: My computer has trouble booting from cold being completely off. it'll cold boot fine maybe 2 times out of 10. It can be on 24/7 with no problem. It'll restart and go into sleep mode fine. When I do cold boot it'll show BIOS splash screen, I can get into BIOS fine also, but...
  9. What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?

What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?: My computer has trouble booting from cold being completely off. it'll cold boot fine maybe 2 times out of 10. It can be on 24/7 with no problem. It'll restart and go into sleep mode fine. When I do cold boot it'll show BIOS splash screen, I can get into BIOS fine also, but...
  10. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...