Windows 10: Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled?

Discus and support Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It honestly seems like my GPU is displaying limited color range. I have checked Nvidia CP, and I even run Color Sustainer and run a custom .icc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled?

It honestly seems like my GPU is displaying limited color range. I have checked Nvidia CP, and I even run Color Sustainer and run a custom .icc profile, but the OS colors still appear more dull than my Switch which is connected via HDMI for example. Not sure what's going on here, but I much prefer the color output of my switch vs my PC at this point. Here's my specs/display/display settings/colorimeter device:

GTX 1080

i7 6700k @ 4.2GHz

16GB ram

850 EVO 1TB SSD

Z170-A Motherboard

-----

Acer XB271HU 144Hz G-Sync display

Spyder5Pro colorimeter

-----

OSD Settings:

25 Brightness

50 Contrast

100/94/100 Color Temp

Thanks for any help you guys can offer. I've been struggling with this for so long Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled? :(

Also, totally forgot, as far as sound is concerned, I'm running @ 44.1KHz 16-bit Outpout, at 100% volume with other adjustments done on the amplifier. I have an external amp/dac. Using HD600 headphones. No idea what's going on here either, as I've tried reinstlaling drivers.

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 26, 2020

2. My laptop automatically updated to windows 10 last night, now the colors seems washed out and dull

Hello

thanks for the answer, but it think you didn't quite understand my query.

My problem is the colors of everything being dull and washed out, for example is a picture lets say, before the update, the colors seemed more vibrant, after the update, the colors appear to be dull and washed out, like the color green isn't as vibrant
    as it appears on the picture in this laptop with windows 10 compared to the same picture in a windows 8.1

It has nothing to do with the windows 10 theme at all, it seems like my screen shows colors not as vibrant as before, if you still don't get the query, kindly just tell me how to get back to windows 8.1, this bug is interfering with my work.

Thank you

StephenDela Cruz, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Dull screen needs help

Bulldogxx I tried both ways suggested the article that offered step by step and neither system solved the dull colors, dull screen problem. All they did was rearrange my desktop. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about the sassy rejoinder to your sassy remark, I think they are both funny now that I am old and don't take myself seriously.

karencarpenterZA, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled?

My laptop automatically updated to windows 10 last night, now the colors seems washed out and dull

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Please be informed that, once we upgrade to Windows 10 we will be getting the default color combinations. If you feel that the system has a dull color, you may check this by manually increasing brightness of monitor.

Also, try to change Accent color and see if it helps.

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Color and set the appropriate.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled?

1. Windows 10 color appears dull, and sound seems muffled? - Similar Threads - color appears dull

2. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  3. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  4. muffled sound on headset

muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  5. Screen colors feels dull!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen colors feels dull!: This is how my screen looks like when laptop is running on battery.This is how it looks when laptop is plugged in.Both images are taken in night light mode 65%Either my eyes.exe stopped working or there is some problem with my laptop coz i see both of them same and i feel...
  6. Screen colors feels dull!

Screen colors feels dull!: This is how my screen looks like when laptop is running on battery.This is how it looks when laptop is plugged in.Both images are taken in night light mode 65%Either my eyes.exe stopped working or there is some problem with my laptop coz i see both of them same and i feel...
  7. Windows 10 colors dull

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 colors dull: Hello guys, I had my pc on for a while and my monitor turned to screen save mode and when I turned it back on all my colors were faded or dull. I don’t know how to turn them back. Can someone help me please? submitted by /u/TheN00dleMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  9. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  10. Dull Desktop Background Colors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dull Desktop Background Colors?: [ATTACH] Hi, does anyone know why when I set an image as my desktop background, the colors are much duller than the original image? Desktop Version Original Image Thanks for any help rectifying this. The original image is a jpeg btw. I just realised as well that...