Windows 10: Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets

Discus and support Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; From quite a while ago, my laptop screen appears reddish for some reason. I calibrated it with the Display Color Calibration tool, but that calibration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dodov, Aug 23, 2019.

1. dodov Win User

Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets

From quite a while ago, my laptop screen appears reddish for some reason. I calibrated it with the Display Color Calibration tool, but that calibration constantly got reset.

I tried to update my drivers, but I already had the latest versions, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (version 10.18.10.4491 from 12 Jul 2016) and NVIDIA NVS 5400M (version 23.21.13.9174 from 04 Jun 2018). After that also didn't work, I tried to roll back my Intel driver, which applied Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. My screen was no longer red, but I could no longer change my brightness and some apps were visually worse.

After discovering that the Intel driver has something to do with the redness, I changed back to it and found out about the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. Since you can change the display color from there as well, I thought that the Windows color configuration conflicts with the Intel color configuration, so I deleted all color profiles in the Color Management app (default ones too) with the hopes of allowing the Intel driver to control everything. This didn't work.

Finally, I added a single profile in Color Management - System Defaults, which is "Laptop Internal LCD Monitor." The screen was no longer red and I thought I finally fixed it, but it turned red again once I plugged in my phone. I opened Color Management - System Defaults again and clicked "Set as Default Profile" on the one and only profile that was already default. This removed the redness again. Once I plugged out my phone, I got a message from Microsoft Color Management System, stating that "the Devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change" and my screen was red again. After clicking on "Set as Default Profile" again, it was back to normal.

The color profile resets not only when plugging and unplugging devices, but randomly while using the laptop too. How do I fix this?

:)

dodov, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

One of the possible reasons for this behavior is that graphics drivers haven’t been updated and the manufacturer hasn’t released any updates for the graphics card recently. However, we can try some steps and see if we can
    get it to work.

Method 1: Disable Game Bar

Windows 10 Game Bar is aimed to enhance the gaming experience for game players, it could sometimes break the color calibration and ICC color profile.

Go to Settings->Gaming->Game bar.

Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

Method 2: Turn off Night Light

Go to settings->System->Display.

Under Color, toggle the Night light switch to off position.

Method 3: Install older version of NVidia graphics driver

Rollback the NVidia graphics driver (to older version) and see if the calibration settings can be set using the NVidia control panel.

I also suggest to refer to the suggestions provided by Monica Cam, dated December 28, 2016 in:
    Display Color Calibration won't stay locked, keeps chnaging

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Display Color Calibration

We appreciate the detailed information. You can try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and reboot the device. After the restart the system will automatically install the driver, then you can try to

calibrate the display
    again.

If you don't want to uninstall the driver, we suggest that you try the below steps:

• Go to Color Management using Search or Cortana.
    • Click on Advanced tab.
    • Select Change system defaults.
    • On the new window, click on the “Advanced” tab on the upper side of the window.
    • Now you will need to check the box next to “Use Windows default calibration”.
    • Left click or tap on the “Close” button.
    • Left click on the “Devices” tab you have on the upper side of the window.
    • Select the “Set as default profile”.
    • Reboot the device and see if your calibrate screen feature is okay now.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 23, 2019
  4. GregH Win User

Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button anywhere.

Do I simply delete / remove the Profile listed in the box under Start-Settings-Colour Management and maybe untick the box "Use my settings for this device"?

Thanks.

GregH, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets - Similar Threads - color calibration conflicts

2. Windows 10 Color Calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Color Calibration keeps resetting: Windows 10 offers Color Calibration that allows you to get the best display setting as per your preference. However, it has been reported that the color calibration keeps resetting even when changed. It happens every time you log in, or what you see in the preview doesn’t get...
  3. Color calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration keeps resetting: Hello, my laptop had a pretty noticable green tint to the display, so I decided to calibrate it and it seemed to fix it, but any time I close or restart the laptop, it goes back to normal. What can I do ? submitted by /u/chuyaep [link] [comments]...
  4. Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XxBryanO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pgth/issues_with_display_color_calibration_settings/
  5. Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting: Hello, one day when i booted up my laptop, the computer screen has a red tint thats above everything else, and may fluctuate in its strength depending from time to time. I checked Windows Color Calibration, and it showed that my PC was on the max on red coloring, and i toned...
  6. Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting: When I try to change my monitor's colors, I can see a preview of the color change, but the screen quickly reverts to its default color setting. For example if I use the Windows 10 Display Color Calibration tool, every step works as it should until I get to the Color balance...
  7. Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.

Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.: I've been trying to change my Gamma on the Calibrate colors display and it simply does not work. The moment I set the calibration, the setting instantly resets itself to default settings. I have tried uninstalling my graphics drivers, reinstalling them. It still does it, (AMD...
  8. Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting: Win10prox64/GTX 1080ti/yadda3... Brief: Got 3 calibration variables in the way for color correction. How to keep Win10 out of the loop as much as possible? TL;DR; Yes, this is a Win10 question, ANAICT. Ok, I'm yet another person struggling with the color of a TN panel...
  9. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. color calibration does not stay - the devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change

2. asus color managment message the devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change

3. should I do intel or windows color valibration?

4. windows color calibration resets every log off