Windows 10: Windows 10 Color management

Discus and support Windows 10 Color management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to forum (Hello, all) Did not know where to post this, so I did a search on Color Management and this forum seemed to be the place, so...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheFineArtPlace, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Color management

New to forum (Hello, all)
    Did not know where to post this, so I did a search on Color Management and this forum seemed to be the place, so...

-------------------------------------------------
    I am not asking how to do Win 10 color management. I know how to do it. I'm wondering if my old software is really working or being overridden by Win 10.

Let me explain.

I upgraded to Win 10. For CM I use an old Monaco Optix XR DTP94 puck, circa 2006. Even tho the (puck) driver is not signed, I got it installed by putting Win10 into a developer mode.

I profiled the monitor, created an .ICM file, and set it as the default. Everything is as it should be.

But here's the kicker. I've researched it and cannot find an answer.

The app loads an old .exe file, puts it into the startup stream, and supposedly remaps the colors to the ICM file on startup. The old (2006) monocogamma.exe file is in the startup thread and shows as active in Win 10.

However, because it is so old I am wondering if it is working or needed. In other words, even tho the .exe is being loaded at startup, is it possible that after execution Win 10 comes along and reloads its own profile, overriding what was loaded by the .exe?

Or perhaps the .exe should be removed from the startup stream. If the .icm profile is still set as default, will win 10 use it and load it with its own startup procedures? Note: the monocagamma.exe file seems to be executing on startup - I see a quick tray window pop up and say so.

Don't know, and cannot find an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TheFineArtPlace, Oct 23, 2020

2. Color Management Windows 10

Hi Kendall,

For us to isolate your concern with Color Management, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile to replicate the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the Advanced tab in Color Management.

For more information, the best way to get the color profile you need is to visit your monitor manufacturer's support website and download the latest driver for the device.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 23, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Flashing/inverting colors

Hi,

Since troubleshooting steps were provided, what I can suggest is for you to try to configure the settings on your monitor's color management. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color
      Management
    • Click the Advanced tab, and click Change system defaults.
    • Click the Advanced tab in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box, and do one of the following:

- To prevent Windows from loading display calibrations, clear the Use Windows display calibration check box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management dialog box.
    You can also refer to this link for screen flickering troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Color management

Color Management Windows 10

Since the last Windows 10 ver 1703 cumulative update, under Color Management>Advanced> the "Reload Current Calibrations" button is grayed out. Also if I change the default ICC profile to an non-calibrated ICC, there is no visual change in the color of
    my displays. Is Windows really applying my calibrated ICC profile that I created? It doesn't appear so. Also the monitors listed in Color Management aren't exactly the same as the ones listed in Display Settings. Does Windows 10 know what the other
    hand is doing? They are both apps of Windows 10.

KendallRounds, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Color management

1. Windows 10 Color management - Similar Threads - Color management

2. Auto Color Management Breaks on Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Color Management Breaks on Restart: For some reason the new ACM completely breaks when restarting colors are absolutely fried and distorted BUT works fine when booting from complete shutdown. Is this a known issue and is there a fix so I don't have to disable it when restarting?For additional context this...
  3. Auto Color Management Breaks on Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Color Management Breaks on Restart: For some reason the new ACM completely breaks when restarting colors are absolutely fried and distorted BUT works fine when booting from complete shutdown. Is this a known issue and is there a fix so I don't have to disable it when restarting?For additional context this...
  4. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...

How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...: Hi. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and advanced system management in my Personalization menu?...
  5. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...: Hi. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and advanced system management in my Personalization menu?...
  6. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  7. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  8. Auto Color Management not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Color Management not working on Windows 11: Hi there, I am using 2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031455. I wish to use the new Auto Color Management feature, but it is not turning on: Picture attached: Here is my display information:As you can see, it runs on...
  9. Auto Color Management not working on Windows 11

Auto Color Management not working on Windows 11: Hi there, I am using 2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031455. I wish to use the new Auto Color Management feature, but it is not turning on: Picture attached: Here is my display information:As you can see, it runs on...
  10. The Windows 11 Color Management app does NOT recognize the internal display.

The Windows 11 Color Management app does NOT recognize the internal display.: The Windows 11 Color Management app does NOT recognize the internal display. This is preventing my photography program ON1 Photo RAW from running. When I connect an external display the Color Management app recognizes the external display and my photography program runs fine....