Windows 10: Windows 10 command line to zip and password encrypt a file

Discus and support Windows 10 command line to zip and password encrypt a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi does anyone know if it is possible to zip and password encrypt a file or files in Windows 10 via a batch script? I know 7-zip and other tools allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lenfant3, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lenfant3 Win User

Windows 10 command line to zip and password encrypt a file

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to zip and password encrypt a file or files in Windows 10 via a batch script? I know 7-zip and other tools allow it but I was wondering if Windows 10 provides it.

Many Thanks in advance.

G

:)

Lenfant3, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 10 command line to zip and password encrypt a file :)

3. Can't unzip encrypted zip file even with password

I received an encrypted zip folder that requires a password to access the files in it. When I go to "Extract All," I am forced to enter the password. I tried entering the password that was given to me, but Windows 10 gave me an error message that the password
    was not correct. I then tried copying and pasting the password into the prompt, and still received the error.

How do I open an encrypted zip file with the password if Windows keeps insisting the password is incorrect? My initial thought was to obtain a third-party zip utility that can handle AES encryption but why would Windows ask for the password if it can't open
    the file anyway?

DamiGonzalez, Feb 26, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Encrypted Zip Files

Hi davencrabtree,

Do you have the password for the zip file, or are you trying to crack the password?

If you do not have the password, it can take a huge time to crack the password from an encrypted zip file

May I ask is this zip file downloaded form the net and if so, did the website not provide the password for that zip file beside the download link - they usually do!

DaveM121, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 command line to zip and password encrypt a file - Similar Threads - command line zip

2. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 default Zip encryption: I would like to know what encryption method does windows 10 uses while encrypting any folder?If I zip any folder: is it only zipped or encrypted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-zip-encryption/a5ca4745-bf9e-4f49-9e77-5c5830c51ffa
  3. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default Zip encryption: I would like to know what encryption method does windows 10 uses while encrypting any folder?If I zip any folder: is it only zipped or encrypted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-zip-encryption/a5ca4745-bf9e-4f49-9e77-5c5830c51ffa
  4. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Zip File Encryption Troubles

Zip File Encryption Troubles: I've gotten myself in a bit of trouble. I stored 20GB of pictures in a zip file on my Windows 10 professional computer. I used the system compression tool send to zip file. I encrypted it using the system encryption tool checking Encryption under properties. I have the...
  6. Windows 10 Command Line

Windows 10 Command Line: In the following code I want to erase the second instance of D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" How can I do that? Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Coover> d: D:\> :: move program execution from the...
  7. Zip Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zip Encryption: Is it really true that Windows 10 Home does not allow you to encrypt a Zip file??? Please tell me this isn't true. Any workarounds apart from downloading a 3rd party app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-encryption/62fd79d8-a674-4b37-9e87-28a2904cee4b
  8. Deleting files with command line

Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  9. Can't open encrypted Zip Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open encrypted Zip Files: I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the file, to extract it, or use the Extract Icon, I get a error dialogue saying the files can't be created. If I use 7-Zip, I...
  10. Encrypted Zip Files

Encrypted Zip Files: How do you view the content of an encrypted zip file? I downloaded 7zip, or I can use the default program. I can also download any other program that may be better....