Windows 10: Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

Discus and support Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David HK Chang, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a similar thing, with one more info that's showing the exited code 1.I found some info saying deleting registry AutoRun for Command Parser. But my register doesn't have it. So I have no clue why this is happening.I had doubt if CrowdStrike Windows Sensor causes this, but I have no right to uninstall it to test due to no pri

:)

David HK Chang, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Windows 10 Start Menu Auto Close

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: DISM TOOL:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. You will notice Command prompt as an option
      Right Click on it and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

• Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”\
    For more information about DISM click on the link below: Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Step 2: System File Checker (SFC) Scan:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 30, 2022
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

1. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt auto

2. command prompt open close every 1:58 am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command prompt open close every 1:58 am: I have no idea why but every day at 1:58 am for the past week command prompt or something similar to it opens at 1:58 am, i will try using procmon to know what process it actually is/if it is cmd or not because nothing else should be using it anyway but i am unsure past that...
  3. command prompt open close every 1:58 am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt open close every 1:58 am: I have no idea why but every day at 1:58 am for the past week command prompt or something similar to it opens at 1:58 am, i will try using procmon to know what process it actually is/if it is cmd or not because nothing else should be using it anyway but i am unsure past that...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  5. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  6. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  8. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  9. Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.: Hello, I'm sorry to have to post a question when there are dozens with the same title, but I have tried all of the options I have seen suggested, but my issue persists.When I run cmd.exe, it opens and then immediately quits.Things I've tried, but have not solved the...
  10. Command Prompt exited with code 1

Command Prompt exited with code 1: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm having this error problem and couldn't run any file and Jupyter notebook is not working also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-exited-with-code-1/8f05ee60-869b-4234-8de6-9b42b3ebd364