Windows 10: Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.

Discus and support Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting a Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. It opens up and closes as quickly as it popped up. In the cmd window it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WesleyBaker1971, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.

Hi,

I keep getting a Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. It opens up and closes as quickly as it popped up. In the cmd window it says" c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe "

This device used to have company monitoring software on it but I have removed all of it as I have left the business but I am concerned that something is still remaining on my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

WesleyBaker1971, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. ShanonO Win User
    Command Prompt appears and disappears in Windows 10 (not able to use command prompt)

When I attempt to run the Command Prompt, it appears and disappears. I'm not able to execute any commands against it. I have ran scans for any viruses and malware. Found none. I am running Windows 10.

ShanonO, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.

1. Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. - Similar Threads - Command prompt window

2. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing: I have been searching the web for answers and nothing has worked, so hopefully someone can help me!While I am working on my computer I have windows 10, this command prompt box rapidly appears on my screen multiple times. It will stop appearing for awhile and then suddenly...
  3. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing: I have been searching the web for answers and nothing has worked, so hopefully someone can help me!While I am working on my computer I have windows 10, this command prompt box rapidly appears on my screen multiple times. It will stop appearing for awhile and then suddenly...
  4. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically: Please check the attached image where a command prompt window appears for a split second and then disappears. This happens repeatedly, and there is no file by the name 'tuhijra' in the location shown in the image. Anyone facing similar issues?...
  6. Windows command prompt wont appear or 'run'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows command prompt wont appear or 'run': Hi, I have been reviewing 'make use of' MOU articles, recently, and one that hit home was windows slowing after updates. MOU first recommend winding the update back...wont do that, it's there for a purpose and that is agreed by them. But when they suggest entering...
  7. Random command prompts appearing and dissapearing in windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random command prompts appearing and dissapearing in windows 10 1909: hi my name is Shiv and I have a Windows 10 laptop protected with McaFee antivirus. when i start my laptop two command prompts appear and they disappear instantly. Are these command prompts gonna damage my windows? Pls reply if u have any experience or any troubleshooting...
  8. Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Command Prompt is used by applications to install or update components silently. If everything […] This article Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Command Prompt appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt appears and disappears: Sometimes and not always command prompt appears while I am browsing on google and it stays there for like a second and then suddenly disappears . My laptop is new and it has no problems as of now also i scanned for viruses but it showed none , please someone help me because...
  10. Command Prompt appearing and disappearing on 2 comps on network

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt appearing and disappearing on 2 comps on network: Hello, I have two computers on my home network in which both computers have pop up of 2 windows of command prompt appearing then disappearing in an instant every time I restart the machine, Why is this? 96802