Windows 10: Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup

Discus and support Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have now spent many hours trying to network my new W10 with W7 pc without success. I am now trying to set up a peer to peer network, but don 't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bluegrass500, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup

Have now spent many hours trying to network my new W10 with W7 pc without success. I am now trying to set up a peer to peer network, but don 't really know what I am doing or whether this will work. My 'old' PC is on a workgroup with my wife's laptop which will shortly be redundant. Do I have to leave the workgroup? I have lots of large folders which I want to transefer and would like to be able to do this as easily as possible any help would be greatly appreciated,

:)

Bluegrass500, Aug 16, 2020

2. Procedure to setup Homegroup in Windows 10

I have tried all the suggestions on display on the internet, then i have read that later versions of W10 would not enable you to set up a homegroup.

RayReynolds2, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 HomeGroup Broken

Hello,

We suggest running the homegroup troubleshooter. It automatically diagnose and repair common problems with viewing computer or shared files in homegroup. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, and type Troubleshooting, and press the
      Enter key.
    • At the Troubleshooting window, click View all
      at the left pane.
    • Select Homegroup from the list to start the troubleshooter.

Also, we recommend checking the steps that workarounds provided by Marilyn360
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup

Homegroup showing unknown members

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Homegroup troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Homegroup and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup

1. Windows 10 communicating with W7 without homegroup - Similar Threads - communicating without homegroup

2. Windows 10 not communicating with W7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not communicating with W7: I have just purchased a W10 PC. I have a PC and laptop both running W7 and have these networked and can share files at will. I have spent hours trying to get the W10 PC to connect with these. I can see all three in the network but cannot acess the two W7 and am asked for...
  3. Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup in Windows 10: I have just changed my desktop to windows 10. I had two other laptops set up in a homegroup with my old windows 7 system and now I can't access these from my desktop and my printer will not work when I send from my laptops. Any ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.

Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.: I have this problem which I believe should preoccupy other Win 10 users too. Local network with 4 PCs all under win 10 Home version after 1803. Giving permissions to "Everyone" on any of the four allows all other three PCs to share and handle the shared folders. However,...
  5. Homegroup in 10 window

Homegroup in 10 window: I make to creation homegroup in 10 window , try do it and I dont understand how to do with the code for use another pc to access the homegroup , how do i fix to make first homegroup and the code of password for another pc use into homegroup ? where do i get how step to step...
  6. windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it)

windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it): since they removed the homegroup i am having MUCH difficulty sharing files between my 2 computers and my laptop. it seems if one can see one, it cant see the other, or non can see any. sometimes it asks me for a password even tho ive never set one up on my home computers,...
  7. Homegroup and Windows 10

Homegroup and Windows 10: I have Homegroup network and one windows-10 computer. Question 1) Has Microsoft announced a standard method to connect Windows-10 to Homegroup network? Is Microsoft working this issue or ignoring it? Question 2) I am using Dropbox to connect Windows-10 to computers on...
  8. Windows 10 Homegroup

Windows 10 Homegroup: How do I get to my Homegroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-homegroup/13269ef9-240e-4410-b5d7-937285b38ef2
  9. Windows 10 Homegroup ?

Windows 10 Homegroup ?: Have they removed this feature? My main computer is still Windows 7, and running the main homegroup. Just curious. 10139
  10. W10 Guest VM doesn't see Host W7 Homegroup

W10 Guest VM doesn't see Host W7 Homegroup: I've been trying in vain to get my W10 VM guest to join up to my W7 host's Homegroup, but the only options I get in the Homegroup section on W10 is to set up a new one, it's as if it's not seeing the Homegroup I already have in place through W7. I thought it would have picked...