Windows 10: windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

Discus and support windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know nothing about computers, so I ask that you have patience and be kind please. My mother just passed away at age 96. She has an ancient HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaurieDonahue, Jun 12, 2021.

1. windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

I know nothing about computers, so I ask that you have patience and be kind please. My mother just passed away at age 96. She has an ancient HP Pavilion All-in-One, in brand new condition and I would love to keep it simply because it is hers.My question is: Is this desktop compatible with windows 10?

:)

LaurieDonahue, Jun 12, 2021

2. Where's the Windows 10 compatibility report?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to get the compatibility report.

I will certainly help you with this.

Please provide the below information.

1. From which operating system you upgraded to Windows 10?

2. Did you check the desktop screen for the report?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: If you are unable to find the file on desktop, you can try to check in the system drive.

• Press Windows key+E.

• Double click on C: drive (default system drive).

• On the top right corner in the search bar, type the compatibility file name and search

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2021
  4. windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

1. windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop - Similar Threads - compatibility VERY OLD

2. Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit: I had to change my HD, now the old MS games that were able to run on Windows 10 do not work after reinstalling all the contents of damaged HD. Possibly due to latest windows update? I did run the compatibility test with the auto repair function to no avail. I just want to...
  3. Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility old games windows 10 64 bit: I had to change my HD, now the old MS games that were able to run on Windows 10 do not work after reinstalling all the contents of damaged HD. Possibly due to latest windows update? I did run the compatibility test with the auto repair function to no avail. I just want to...
  4. Is old computer compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is old computer compatible with Windows 10?: submitted by /u/jinx612 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqhhms/is_old_computer_compatible_with_windows_10/
  5. Windows 10 on an old desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on an old desktop?: Is it possible to install windows 10 on an old HP touch smart desktop that still has windows vista? I have tried a regular update without success submitted by /u/idcthisishard [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipstyz/windows_10_on_an_old_desktop/
  6. update a very old install of windows 10 no internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update a very old install of windows 10 no internet: I'm in a remote area of Panama and a niece has a laptop which hasn't been updated since it was given to her, 3-4 years. Would it be better/more practical to simply reinstall? I have a recent download. The point to this is that there is a chance of getting good enough cell...
  7. Old game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility: My dad has a lot of old game from the early 2000s. Rome: Total war and its Barbarian Invasion and a couple of other games he loved to play don’t work on his computer any more. He’s running latest version of Windows 10 and is even part of the Beta testing group. He loved to...
  8. Old game compatibility with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility with windows 10: So I wanted to play an old game that I used to play on windows xp(the lord of the rings the battle for the middle-earth). I inserted the cd on an external dvd player or whatever it is. It reads the cd correctly and I installed the program. After installing it I tried running...
  9. Windows 10 and a very old disk with error 26214.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and a very old disk with error 26214.: - System - Provider [ Name] Chkdsk - EventID 26214 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 4 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2018-07-24T21:41:47.478899800Z EventRecordID 4140 Channel Application Computer Bob-PC Security - EventData Checking file system on F:...
  10. Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe?: My confession: I've been using Photoed ever since Windows 98, I think (my original exe file is dated 2000). I've copied the exe file to succeeding updates of Windows and placed it on my desktop, and I still use it with Windows 7. I do occasionally use GIMP, too, but Photoed...