Windows 10: windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

Discus and support windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by b737mf, Jan 7, 2019.

1. b737mf Win User

windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

Hello,

I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background music of the main menu. The only way to get out of the black screen is actually re-starting the laptop!!! Any ideas? I tried compatibility modes, updating drivers etc.....

Help!!

:)

b737mf, Jan 7, 2019

2. Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am planning on building a gaming PC soon and am wondering if i should get windows 10 with it. I also want to get FSX but with the issues I've seen with the FSX community on windows 8.1 with the crashing i'm kinda worried if i should get windows 7 but with vista support gone i know win 7 is next so please help me out here.

Is there any issues compatibility wise with FSX using windows 10? Thanks - Nick

Oh and here is the link to my part list for my upcoming PC.
    System Build - PCPartPicker

Thrashmetal86, Jan 7, 2019
  3. FSX disappears after installing the game on Windows 10.

Hi,

From the above description, I understand FSX game disappeared after installing on Windows 10 computer.
    Please reply, are you installing FSX using an installation disc or from Windows Store on the computer?

Refer to the Minimum system requirements to install Flight Simulator X article.

If you are using an installation disc, try installing the game in
    Compatibility mode and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows. Follow the steps suggested in
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows article
    and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above question and the status of installing FSX game on computer in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

fsx issue

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to check if your computer is upto date.

Method 1: Turn on the Anti-Aliasing option in FSX:SE. To do this, follow these instructions:

• Go to the Settings tab on the FSX: Steam Edition home page
    • Click on the “Customize” option at the bottom
    • Click to check the “Anti-aliasing” option.
    Method 2: Try running FSX: Steam Edition with or without Windows 8 compatibility mode. To do this, right click on the game’s desktop icon, select “properties”, then look under the compatibility tab. Either way, you will still need to run
    FSX: Steam Edition as an administrator. You can also find the Windows compatibility trouble-shooter in the control panel.

Perform the above troubleshooting and reply with the results.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

1. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version - Similar Threads - compatibility issues FSX

2. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  3. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  4. Nvidia not compatible with this version of Windows Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia not compatible with this version of Windows Issue: Good evening, i just recently started experiencing this issue last week. I have an evga RTX 2080 ti XC since late January 2020. It was working fine until last Thursday 02 July. I woke the computer from sleep and the monitors would not receive signal. I restarted and still no...
  5. fsx issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fsx issues: I have downloaded my fsx Miicrosoft flight simulator which I had purchased and have the activation code that came with the box. I tried turning on the game but was unable to make it work. It showed loading the game but never actually open in my laptop. Please advised....
  6. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  7. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  8. FSX and DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX and DirectX version: Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?...
  9. Use my FSX Discs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use my FSX Discs?: Hello - Obviously a newbie here! Maybe someone can help or lead me in the right direction with an issue that I am having? I have my OEM FSX install discs, along with my product code key, serial numbers and all that good stuff. Years ago when I bought it, I loaded it on to my...
  10. Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about FSX compatibility on Windows 10: Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am planning on building a gaming PC soon and am wondering if i should get windows 10 with it. I also want to get FSX but with the issues I've seen with the FSX community on windows 8.1 with the crashing i'm kinda worried if i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 issue with FSX microsoft