Windows 10: Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program.

Discus and support Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Don't Starve to work consistently without going through the whole shebang of going to steam, right click, properties, local files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kazoomie, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kazoomie Win User

Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program.

I'm trying to get Don't Starve to work consistently without going through the whole shebang of going to steam, right click, properties, local files, browse, bin, find the application, right click, properties, compatibility, troubleshooter then finally test application in order to play it instead of steam, scroll, left click. This needs to be redone every single time. The weird part is that the compatibility mode box is checked with Windows 8 but it has to be done with the troubleshooter only. I have no idea what's going on and I can't really find anything else about this problem.

:)

Kazoomie, Aug 13, 2019

2. 'The program was started in compatibility mode' during launching Onecklicstarter

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If the program you are referring to is written to work with older version of Windows, Windows 10 will still try to run the program in Compatibility Mode. Program compatibility is a mode in Windows that lets you run programs written for earlier versions of
    Windows.

I suggest you to reinstall the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps. follow the below steps.

• Right click the setup file for the program, this can be designated as
      setup.exe or something similar. Click Troubleshoot Compatibility
      to launch the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter wizard which will check for issues.

• Select the option “Troubleshoot program”
      and depending on the problems you are experiencing when attempting to install or use the software, check off the problems. Click on Next.

• Select a version of Windows the program is known to work in.

• Click on Next and then follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist, you need to contact the software vendor and check for the latest updates to make the program run on Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program.

Steam Games not working on windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing the games in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Try the below mentioned steps and check if it helps:

• Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files and
      right click
      , then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let it install and then check the functionality.
    See for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Link provided works for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program.

1. Windows 10 compatibility mode not working for a Steam program. - Similar Threads - compatibility mode working

2. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Mode: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-mode/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  3. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on Program Compatibility Mode: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-mode/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  4. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 s mode compatible app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 s mode compatible app not working: I just purchased a laptop with windows 10 s mode for the sole purpose of being able to use the Windows desktop application for Descript. I checked before purchasing and saw Descript in what I now realize was the previous version of the MS store. It has a link to get it from...
  6. Windows 10 s mode compatible app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 s mode compatible app not working: I just purchased a laptop with windows 10 s mode for the sole purpose of being able to use the Windows desktop application for Descript. I checked before purchasing and saw Descript in what I now realize was the previous version of the MS store. It has a link to get it from...
  7. Windows 10 s mode compatible app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Compatibility Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Mode in Windows 10: I have been running Windows Live Mail on a Sony Vaio for a good few years, originally on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 for the last 2-3 years. I have now upgraded to a Microsoft Surface Pro and have copied the Windows Live Mail directories but when I try to run it nothing...
  9. windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 compatibility mode: [ATTACH] when i go to the properties tab of grand theft auto 3 to try to run it in compatibility mode the option doesn't pop up no compatibility mode submitted by /u/Aidensully_04 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compatibility mode: Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode to allow older games to be installed and run on a Windows 10 machine? If so, how is it enabled? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-mode/95d8ebd3-05e0-464d-b3bc-7a97e8503801

Users found this page by searching for:

1. commpetability mode not working