Windows 10: Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

Discus and support Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I read an article that Microsoft blocked Avast anti-virus software because it was allegedly selling user data in 2019. Is this still the case?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JayGardner, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

I read an article that Microsoft blocked Avast anti-virus software because it was allegedly selling user data in 2019. Is this still the case?

:)

JayGardner, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Will Avast be compatible with Windows 10?

If Avast Anti-virus or Grime Fighter produce Windows 10-compatible versions then they'll be announcing the fact on their websites. I suggest you look there for answers.

Tryx3, Nov 18, 2020
  3. RickCP Win User
    Do Avast Free Antivirus compatible with Windows 10 Pro?

That's a question for
    Avast Support
    , but see:

In short, ensuring that Avast is compatible with Windows 10 is quite simple. Avast version V2015 R2 and newer are already compatible with Windows 10. Users who currently have V2015 R2 or newer installed and plan to update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10
    will automatically have Avast transferred to Windows 10 at the same time.

For users currently using older versions of Avast, it's highly recommended to update your Avast product
    prior to updating to Windows 10 to ensure an easy, hassle-free transition.

Related information to include:

-
    Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

- Microsoft Windows 10 (Important notes section) Specifications page:

Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.-

• For antimalware applications, Windows will check to see if your antimalware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
    • If the antimalware application is compatible and current, your application will be preserved during the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • If the antimalware application is incompatible, Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, if your antimalware provider has informed Microsoft that it has made a compatible version available for your
      active subscription, Windows will notify you to install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade.
    • If your antimalware subscription is not current (expired),
      Windows will uninstall your application and enable Windows Defender.
    Also:

• Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to the upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the 'Get Windows 10 app' will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept
      and the applications will be removed from the system prior to the upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.
    Would finally suggest not to rush into Win10 immediately. Hope this helps.

RickCP, Nov 18, 2020
  4. RickCP Win User

Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

You should contact
    Avast Support
    for a better assistance with their product.

Although the new Win10 OS is not (yet) listed under Avast! products 'minimal system requirements' (Avast products are not supported on any operating systems which are not specified as supported), Avast version V2015 R2 and newer (V10.3.2223
    is listed as of July 13, 2015 though new version Avast 2015 R3 SP1 V2015.10.3.2225 has been released July 29th) are supposed to be compatible with Windows 10.

Users who currently have Avast V2015 R2 or newer R3 installed and plan to update from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 'should' automatically have Avast transferred to Windows 10 at the same time.

For users currently using older versions of Avast, it's highly recommended to update your Avast product
    prior to updating to Windows 10 to ensure an easy, hassle-free transition [1].

Related information to include:

-
    Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

- Microsoft Windows 10 (Important notes section) Specifications page:

Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.-

• For antimalware applications, Windows will check to see if your antimalware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
    • If the antimalware application is compatible and current, your application will be preserved during the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • If the antimalware application is incompatible, Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, if your antimalware provider has informed Microsoft that it has made a compatible version available for your
      active subscription, Windows will notify you to install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade.
    • If your antimalware subscription is not current (expired),
      Windows will uninstall your application and enable Windows Defender.
    Also:

• Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to the upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the 'Get Windows 10 app' will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept
      and the applications will be removed from the system prior to the upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.
    ===

[1] Notwithstanding the above, it's always best (recommended) you do manually uninstall any third-party protection programs (updated or not), including any other prior security software that has ever been installed (to include any trialware that was preloaded
    by the PC's manufacturer when you bought it - even if never used or activated) there,
    prior to updating to Windows 10, and then performing a clean installation of their latest and current product version that is tested to be fully compatible with Windows 10.

For a thoroughly removal of your Avast product from your system, please ensure you also use their specific product

uninstall utility (avastclear)
    , 'in addition' to having uninstalled it the standard way via the Windows Control Panel.

Please note that this is the preferred uninstallation method as it is the most reliable to make sure all program files and other potential remnants are completely removed; allowing you to either make a clean installation of Avast,
    'or' to enable and use Windows 10 built-in Windows Defender as your real-time protection program... 'if' you choose to do so.

Either case you decide, please remember you can not have/use more than one real-time protection program at the same time. Also see:

-
    Windows Defender on Windows 8.1 - Introduction and FAQ
    (also applicable to Win10Defender).

-
    How to enable and use the built in Windows Defender for Antivirus Protection in Windows 10

- How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

===

As for the 'GrimeFighter' tool, please note this is not supported on Win10, though it has been replaced by 'Avast
    Cleanup
    ' which is included in the Avast 2015 R3 update.

Supported or not, the thing here is that you shouldn't be using no cleaning tool (not recommended) at all. See:

KB2563254 Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities

Hope this helps

RickCP, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

1. Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software - Similar Threads - Compatibility Avast Software

2. Software compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  3. Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?: Is there a way for Avast, Windows Defender, and Windows 10 Home be compatible to the software BlueStacks 5? what im trying to prevent is the BSOD, so pls give me a solution to this BSOD.and pls share this post so that the process of finding the solution is fasterand i dont...
  4. Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?: Is there a way for Avast, Windows Defender, and Windows 10 Home be compatible to the software BlueStacks 5? what im trying to prevent is the BSOD, so pls give me a solution to this BSOD.and pls share this post so that the process of finding the solution is fasterand i dont...
  5. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: I have recently found my old 'The Home Depot: Home Improvement 1-2-3' Interactive CD (pictured below) & I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the program onto a Windows 10 computer. 182922
  6. VPNs and Avast software

VPNs and Avast software: I have a newer HP Pavilion x360. I have an Avast VPN and Avast Premium Security. I can unsubscribe at any time. Do you recommend either? Does Avast interfere/override Windows Defender?...
  7. Avast, the worst antivirus and software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, the worst antivirus and software: Avast is the worstsoftware i had ever seen........ it has two versions - one isfree version and the other is the paid version. If you go for the paid version, then it will work absoulutely fine. But if for the free, it will make your laptop or pc the worst. Your system...
  8. Avast Software

Avast Software: Turned on my computer last week where I found Avast software installed without my knowledge. What is it and should I uninstall it? Thanks. Cheers, Ted Kramer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-software/287bdeb7-268b-47e1-9b28-b4b7d616eb41
  9. software compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software compatibility: how would I install internet explorer 4.01 sp2 on a win 10 os? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/2d924788-1891-4a1d-912b-013bc0bb3b76
  10. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10. is Avast compatible with Windows Defender

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10. is Avast compatible with Windows Defender: If Avast is not compatible with windows Defender then how can I uninstall Defender? I have used Avast for many years and am more comfortable with it. *Smile 12573