Windows 10: Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE

Discus and support Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Group: I just installed Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 8.1, and now find that I am unable to run MS Money 2003. I need MS Money 2003, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinceB, Aug 1, 2015.

1. VinceB Win User

Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE

Hello Group:

I just installed Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 8.1, and now find that I am unable to run MS Money 2003.
    I need MS Money 2003, because I have financial records going back to 1996!

I am shown an error dialogue that says something along the lines: MS Money needs IE6 to run properly, and IE6 needs to be installed so that these components so that these components can be added.
    I do have IE11 installed; am able to run it. Apparently, something from IE11 has not been transferred over when doing the Win 10 upgrade install? Perhaps missing DLLs??

MS Money 2003 was running as expected under Win 8.1 and IE11.

I need help to fix this issue, or instructions on how to get back to Win 8.1.

TIA.

:)

VinceB, Aug 1, 2015

2. MS Money Plus will not work in Windows 10 claims it needs IE 6

MS Money Plus will not work in Windows 10. It claims it needs IE 6. Compatibility was no help. What to do?

RalphShafer, Aug 1, 2015
  3. How do you change the compatibility view in MS Edge?

How do you change the compatibility view in MS Edge? I am trying to open a program and I need to change the compatibility mode to run the program? I need to change the compatibility mode in one of the following IE 9, IE 10, IE 11 to run the program.

RonPalmer35945, Aug 1, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ThaiAm Win User
    regedit as follows:
    HKEY LOCAL, Software, Wow6432Node,MICROSOFT, Internet Explorer..change version to 9.11.10240.0

you will have to make this same correction each time you do an update of system.

Good luck

ThaiAm, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Wow you are a life saver. I have over 10 years of financial records on MS Money. I didn't realize that it wasn't compatible with Windows 10 until I installed it today. Your tip works perfectly. If I couldn't get a solution I was going back to Windows 8. You say that you have to make the correction each time you do an update of system. Which sort of updates are you referring to? One other thing for others who may use this solution, it should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Thanks a million.

JerseyBiker, Aug 1, 2015
  7. ThaiAm Win User
    updates I refer to are any of the many updates that are happening to release level of Windows 10. You will be very aware of which ones to deal with when money starts to not work again after update.

ThaiAm, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE

Thanks again for your help. I see in the link a couple of post above shows that there are MS Money versions compatible with Windows 10. I know they stopped making Money years ago but maybe I can find a version that works on eBay or somewhere.

JerseyBiker, Aug 1, 2015
  9. VinceB Win User
    ThaiAm:

Thank you very much for your info. I also need some help on getting into the regedit program. Have never really used regedit. How do I get started with regedit?

I've been searching within the CD for MS Money 2003 Deluxe, but no joy! I seem to recall using that CD when first getting this DELL Win8 desktop in JAN of 2014 to get MS Money to work again with a restore from my money backup file.

VinceB, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Microsoft made one last version of Money called Money Plus. It is a free download at the MS site but I don't know if it will work with Win 10.

Richard123, Aug 1, 2015
  11. To edit the registry RIGHT click on the start button, click run, type regedit and click OK. You should see about 6 items including HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click on the ">" in front of it and you will have a bunch of registry keys drop down, scroll down to Software and click ">", next scroll down to Wow6432Node and click ">", next scroll down to Microsoft and click ">", scroll down to Internet Explorer and click directly on it. On the right side of the screen you will see "version". Right click version, next click modify. You will see a box with the default value. Change it to 9.11.10240.0 You can copy and paste it in if you want. Also if you have 32bit Windows you probably do not have Wow6432Node so Internet Explorer will be in Software\Microsoft. It's always best to reboot your computer after making registry changes. Hope that helps.

JerseyBiker, Aug 1, 2015
  12. VinceB Win User
    Yes, I am aware of what MS did some years ago.

However, I have been using MS Money 2003 Deluxe w/o the use of the now non-existing MS servers for auto-downloading. IOW, using MSMNY to manually reconcile checkbook register, etc, and occassionally doing a download from my banking institution or credit card providers and then importing that data to MSMNY2003. Worked just fine under Win8.1 and IE11.

Thanks for your info.

VinceB, Aug 1, 2015
  13. VinceB Win User

Thanks again; I now have MS Money2003 working again after doing the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade! *Biggrin

VinceB, Aug 1, 2015
  14. MS Money Plus Sunset is from 2010 and so is much newer than Money 2003. It provides all the functions you mentioned and is a stand-alone app.

Richard123, Aug 2, 2015
  15. I have changed the registry entries to those suggested with .0 and it still comes back with the IE 6 message - what can I do now?

challenor4, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE - Similar Threads - Compatibility Money2003

2. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  3. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows: we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-compatible-cameras-with-your/8172f01d-a428-4d6b-b100-1c21807d3f6a
  4. we couldn't find compatible cameras with your windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  6. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  7. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  8. Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting

Running Windows Programs Compatibility Troubleshooting: My League of Legends gets stuck on the screen during the game loading screen, which can take up to 30 to 40 seconds or more. I've tried a lot of things to no avail....
  9. Compatibility mode removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility mode removed: I download fallout 3 from steam but it crashed after I hit new game I read that the compatibility mode would help but it has been removed from windows 11 not making it easy to play certain games I tried the fallout games and they same to work perfectly the mind boggles why...
  10. Compatibility mode removed

Compatibility mode removed: I download fallout 3 from steam but it crashed after I hit new game I read that the compatibility mode would help but it has been removed from windows 11 not making it easy to play certain games I tried the fallout games and they same to work perfectly the mind boggles why...