Windows 10: Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update

Discus and support Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So - I had a message on Thursday evening about end of support for the version of Windows 10 that I was running so decided to bite the bullet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheBeastman, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update

So - I had a message on Thursday evening about end of support for the version of Windows 10 that I was running so decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the latest version. This downloaded overnight and I kicked it off on Friday morning. The process took 3 hours to complete I could hear my physical HDD thrashing during this so left it to its thing . Problem is that now I;

1 Cannot start Powershell - opens then immediately closes
    2 Cannot update my machine - 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4541335 -Error 0x80070002
    3 Have lost my entire desktop environment including any documents that were in the profile folder
    4 Cannot repair with SFC /scannow -
    Verification 57% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
    will include CBS.log later
    5 Cannot repair the online image with DISM either using baseline image or one extracted from the windows 10 ISO I get the same message for both instances

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Image Version: 10.0.18363.720
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    6 Cannot Reset using the Reset tooling no error message - just indicates failure
    7 Cannot Reinstall - Installation tells me it cannot proceed because an MBR record exists on ALL my volumes.

Is anyone else in this predicament? Anyone else been able to resolve?

:)

TheBeastman, Apr 11, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 11, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update

1. Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update - Similar Threads - completely broken 1909

2. Windows is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely broken.: Last week my pc crashed and kept crashing with 5 different codes each time. IO1 error, stop_watch error or something like that, system32 errors. And it’s funny cause I’ve reinstalled windows 2 damn times, one of them wiping my m.2 and hard drive. After updating it a second...
  3. Windows 10 Updates broken after update from 1909 to 20H2 - unable to fix 0x80070002 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Updates broken after update from 1909 to 20H2 - unable to fix 0x80070002 error: Hi, I've been trying to fix the broken Windows update on my cousin's PC over the weekend. It's stuck in the 0x80070002 condition after the system was updated from 1909 to 20H2, so the build version is 19042.746. The clock is synced. There were some errors in the image that...
  4. Completed 1909 Security Update-Please Help-Drive Letters R Now Broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Completed 1909 Security Update-Please Help-Drive Letters R Now Broken: Win version 1909 build 18363.1316 Windows force-installed its 1909 Security Update - When it installed and I opened Windows Explorer I noticed my drive letters are now changed - apparently resulting from Windows somehow mounting something as a CD drive as Drive E (no I don't...
  5. Completed 1909 Security Update-Please Help-Drive Letters R Now Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Completed 1909 Security Update-Please Help-Drive Letters R Now Broken: Win version 1909 build 18363.1316 Windows force-installed its 1909 Security Update - When it installed and I opened Windows Explorer I noticed my drive letters are now changed - apparently resulting from Windows somehow mounting something as a CD drive as Drive E (no I don't...
  6. Unable to complete the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909: Tried to run the update twice today. Both times, I get the same message saying it was unable to update something. The update history shows: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 2 Last failed install attempt on ‎9/‎10/‎2020 - 0xc1900101 The history shows failed...
  7. Windows 10 Update from1809 to 1909 not completing

Windows 10 Update from1809 to 1909 not completing: Hi, My PC currently has Windows 10 Pro version 1809 on it, and all update methods I have tried are not working, including using the Windows update tool and selecting update this PC now. Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 completely broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 completely broken: Howdy, today i ran into an issue that has completely thrown my plans of completijg an online course soon of the rails, burst into flames and into murky waters. After updating the game Anthem and movijg its fioes from my old hard drive to a mew one, origin began to freeze,...
  9. Windows 10 1909 sync settings broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 sync settings broken?: Hello Community, i updated 3 devices with Windows 10 1909 iso from my visiual studio subscription and started to wonder since my edge favorites didnt sync anymore. Also tested different other Windows sync settings like design and settings an none of them happend to sync via...
  10. Windows Update is completely broken

Windows Update is completely broken: I have an issue with Windows Update which makes the entire service unusable. When I open Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update, there is a blank screen and nothing more. Upon checking the Windows Update service, I saw it was disabled, so when I go to reenable it and start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. offlogfile flag location