Windows 10: Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...

Discus and support Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Absolutely zero warning. I could be watching a movie, or playing a game, or just browsing the internet and BAM fucking Windows start shutting down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arcterion, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...

Absolutely zero warning. I could be watching a movie, or playing a game, or just browsing the internet and BAM fucking Windows start shutting down.

I've set it to interrupt updates, I've set it to show notifications, I've set it to not immediately reboot, and it completely ignores all of those settings.

How do I stop this before I yeet my computer out of a window out of sheer annoyance?

submitted by /u/Arcterion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arcterion, Jul 19, 2020

2. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

yep it does. the fairly simple group policy edit lets you keep the service running but stops the forced check/download, allowing you to:
    A: ignore windows update until you forcibly update
    B: use the tool i linked above before doing A: to prevent certain downloads from updating drivers
    C: still use device manager to windows update specific drivers, disabling the service breaks this.

Mussels, Jul 19, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...

1. Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell... - Similar Threads - completely ignores update

2. How To Force ALL Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Force ALL Windows Updates: Good Day,Does anyone knows how to use Windows 10/11 policy to force all Windows updates and security patches without user interactions. We do not have a Domain but use Workgroup instead. I need to setup a policy on this individual computers to download and install the updates...
  3. How To Force ALL Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Force ALL Windows Updates: Good Day,Does anyone knows how to use Windows 10/11 policy to force all Windows updates and security patches without user interactions. We do not have a Domain but use Workgroup instead. I need to setup a policy on this individual computers to download and install the updates...
  4. Windows Updates ignore my settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates ignore my settings: It looks like Microsoft is progressively taking away the user control of Windows automatic updates.Initially, I was allowing automatic updates with the requirement to notify me when updates are available - meaning do NOT download and install them automatically. Also, I was...
  5. Windows Updates ignore my settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates ignore my settings: It looks like Microsoft is progressively taking away the user control of Windows automatic updates.Initially, I was allowing automatic updates with the requirement to notify me when updates are available - meaning do NOT download and install them automatically. Also, I was...
  6. Windows Updates ignore my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update: my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i dont my game will instantly close without even leaving an error codeMY pc specsgtx 1070i5 9400f8 gbs of ram...
  8. Windows 10 2004 update to hell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 update to hell: I am tired. I am broken and defeated Why in the hell did you release such a horrible version of windows? The 2004 update has been nothing but blue screens. I just can't take what a pile of **** this version is. How can i get 1909 so i can blow out my machine and go back to...
  9. Windows 10 Update hell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update hell: Just was curious if anybody could direct me to resources to help solve my windows 10 update issue. Before I get into it. I've formatted my computer 14 times now, including Zero formatting. I do have a legit copy of windows 10, no viruses, no 3rd party programs, no anti...
  10. Update hell.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update hell.: My machine went down and has put me in limbo after this latest update. It will not let me get back on. The best I can do is get to Command Prompt. Every thing else is an exercise in futility. What can I do to get back into my machine?...