Windows 10: Windows 10 Completely Messed up my PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Completely Messed up my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and it seems to off completely messed it up. Basically, the start menu won't open, i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jahkobah, Aug 16, 2015.

1. jahkobah Win User

Windows 10 Completely Messed up my PC

Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and it seems to off completely messed it up. Basically, the start menu won't open, i cant get to where I can go back, and task manager won't open without crashing, and several other things are messed up. My PC is an Acer Aspire 5600U 4 GB version. Please help me.

:)

jahkobah, Aug 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade completely messed up my computer

I installed the windows 10 upgrade and after turning on my laptop and entering my password, when it goes to my home screen and just flashes, I can see the shortcuts to my programs and apps but with the screen flashing, there is nothing I can do but pull
    the battery because I can't even shut it down or restart it, I know there was no issue with the computer prior to the upgrade because I was on the computer when the upgrade window popped up, upgrading has rendered my computer completely useless

Tzjason1973, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade completely messed up my computer

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Method 1: I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.

Method 2: The issue could be due to some Software/update causing the issue. I would suggest you to press the
    Shift key and hold the power button so that it will go to the
    recovery options, Select safe mode and boot to the desktop. If you are able to boot to the desktop, then I would suggest you to upgrade the drivers for display card. As Windows 10 is the new operating the drivers for
    Windows 10 might not be available. I would suggest you to install in compatibility mode.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Completely Messed up my PC - Similar Threads - Completely Messed

2. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  3. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  4. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  5. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  6. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  8. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  9. Mouse vertical sensitivity is completely messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse vertical sensitivity is completely messed up: Hello.After booting up my computer today, my mouse sensitivity is completely messed up.I've already tried going into mouse settings and changing the sensitivity only for it to not be helpful.It took 2 hours of experimenting to find out why.Turns out, the Vertical sensitivity...
  10. My Windows 11 Laptop is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Laptop is completely messed up.: Hello.Let me explain how my problem began and then the actual problem it's self of course.So a couple of hours ago I tried to install Microsoft Teams, and I kept getting an error and it was completely unable to be installed. I googled it multiple times, stumbling upon answers...