Windows 10: Windows 10 completely missing my location

Discus and support Windows 10 completely missing my location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is something that's been bugging me since a long time: For some reason, Windows 10 thinks I'm in Santiago de Chile (and that's the location it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rodcro55, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 completely missing my location

This is something that's been bugging me since a long time: For some reason, Windows 10 thinks I'm in Santiago de Chile (and that's the location it gives to the apps that request it like the Maps app or the Edge browser), when I'm actually located in Costa Rica... quite a long distance from Chile.

How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/rodcro55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rodcro55, May 22, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 completely missing my location :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 22, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 completely missing my location

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 completely missing my location

1. Windows 10 completely missing my location - Similar Threads - completely missing location

2. My Windows 10 completely broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 completely broke: My laptop was working just fine. When it suddenly crashed and popped the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bluescreen error. For an hour after the crash everything was fine, but then it crashed again this time with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. From now on after the second...
  3. Update History is completely missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update History is completely missing.: Update History is completely missing. Has anyone else experienced this too?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-is-completely-missing/4138cdd4-8a10-442a-a04c-587af19cd5bb
  4. Locating My Computer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locating My Computer on Windows 10: I cannot locate My Computer/Computer on my laptop. I have followed all the steps but unsuccessful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-my-computer-on-windows-10/ccd07129-9d8b-4357-8957-ca71f6d9a361
  5. My D drive went completely missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D drive went completely missing.: I opened disk management to see what happened to my D drive and it didn't show. So I tried to do everything the internet told me to. Still nothing. Any help please? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Files Missing from the location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Missing from the location: Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the...
  7. Windows 10 Update - Completely Missing From PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - Completely Missing From PC: Hello, Edit: I should also add that Windows Update isn't listed in "Services" at all. I've recently ran into issues with the Windows store and was looking for a solution when I ran into another. Basically in the past I've allowed Windows update to run on its own...
  8. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth completely missing: I recently updated my HP Elitebook 2760p from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I've noticed that all my Bluetooth functionality is gone. I can't even find where to turn it on anymore. I went to HP site and downloaded the Bluetooth driver and still nothing. Has anyone been able to...
  9. Brightness options completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness options completely missing: I have a Pavilion g6 2359 which usually is installed from recovery. Since I wanted to do clean Win10 install I chose to install from USB instead, missing all automated drivers ect from recovery. One thing that is really bothering me is I cannot adjust the brightness....
  10. Windows GPS location completely wrong, grabbing my previous address?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows GPS location completely wrong, grabbing my previous address?: Hey guys, I'm having the strangest issue I've ever encountered with Windows, or any piece of technology. I'm very tech savvy but am completely stuck with this and am thinking of doing a format and fresh install. Before I do that, anyone have any idea what is happening?...