Windows 10: windows 10 compress folders

Discus and support windows 10 compress folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I fix windows 10 won't compress files with English and Cyrillic characters? Why does it tell me to rename the files that have Cyrillic names?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OlesyaRohowskyj, Jan 7, 2022.

1. windows 10 compress folders

How can I fix windows 10 won't compress files with English and Cyrillic characters? Why does it tell me to rename the files that have Cyrillic names?

:)

OlesyaRohowskyj, Jan 7, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2022
  3. No option to compress folder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

1. How exactly are you trying to compress the folder?

Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.

2. Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder.

A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.

If the issue persists then Perform
    System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

SFC scan:

1. Press Windows logo + X.

2. Select command prompt admin.

3. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ (without quotes) and press enter.

4. Restart your computer.

Refer link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

windows 10 compress folders

Access denied to compressed file

Hi,

It seems that the account that is logged in to your computer is not an administrator account that is why you are unable to change the permission settings of the compressed folder on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.

Are you connected to a work domain?
    • Are you using an administrator account or a standard user account?

Meanwhile, if you are using an administrator account, we suggest that you try to create a local test administrator account and check if you will be able to change the permission settings of the folder. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a local administrator account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

windows 10 compress folders

1. windows 10 compress folders - Similar Threads - compress folders

2. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  3. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  4. dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...: what is this even about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dudes-i-need-to-extract-a-566-gb-compressed/b79f0de0-b100-4b71-b6bc-4f39e4b4555d
  5. dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...

dudes i need to extract a 5.66 GB Compressed Archive Folder but when i try to, it shows...: what is this even about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dudes-i-need-to-extract-a-566-gb-compressed/b79f0de0-b100-4b71-b6bc-4f39e4b4555d
  6. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

"Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...: This started a couple of months ago. I don't know if it was an anti-virus issue or if it happened because of a windows update.I was able to get a trial of WINzip and could zip files for a month, but I don't want to rent their software. I just want the same old windows zip...
  7. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...: This started a couple of months ago. I don't know if it was an anti-virus issue or if it happened because of a windows update.I was able to get a trial of WINzip and could zip files for a month, but I don't want to rent their software. I just want the same old windows zip...
  8. "Send to" "Compressed Folder" has stopped working on my PC and none of the web advice I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  10. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b