Windows 10: Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

Discus and support Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I tried to resolve the issue myself for some time with no results and I didn’t find any answers on it in the forum, so I decided to post a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zdeněk Neustupa, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

Hello.I tried to resolve the issue myself for some time with no results and I didn’t find any answers on it in the forum, so I decided to post a question here. I have a great problem with my wife’s laptop – I am facing the dreaded “Windows 10 Auto compression of files to save space” issue. Scenario:My wife once a month backs up photos and videos from her phone to the laptop where she processes them and then backs them up to Synology Disc Station. Unfortunately, she uses a folder created on her Desktop, so it resides on C drive C:\Users\User_name\Desktop\ProblemFolderWithVideos. Las

:)

Zdeněk Neustupa, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

1. Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour - Similar Threads - compressed files free

2. Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour: Hello.I tried to resolve the issue myself for some time with no results and I didn’t find any answers on it in the forum, so I decided to post a question here. I have a great problem with my wife’s laptop – I am facing the dreaded “Windows 10 Auto compression of files to save...
  3. Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 compressed files take up all the free space - strange behaviour: Hello.I tried to resolve the issue myself for some time with no results and I didn’t find any answers on it in the forum, so I decided to post a question here. I have a great problem with my wife’s laptop – I am facing the dreaded “Windows 10 Auto compression of files to save...
  4. Windows taking up free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up free space: I have downloaded gears 5 using game pass and deleted later. The game has been deleted but its still taking up space. When I checked, a folder 'MSIXVC', is take up nearly 85 GB. Kindly somebody find me a solution to free up space....
  5. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  6. how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10

how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10: I am following the freeing up space and I have been waiting tor 45 minutes and the blue bar does not seem to be progressing any further. Is there a problem?...
  7. back up files to free up space

back up files to free up space: My computer can't install updates because it doesn't have any space on C. I purchased a seagate back up drive but I'm not sure haow to move files to the new drive. I keep getting a message about xbox but I don't have that....
  8. OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive

OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive: Today, when manually freeing up space, I saw an option to compress my OS drive for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove files, notifications appeared regarding files OneDrive was downloading. With only a 32GB SD card permanently connected as ROM, I manually...
  9. Strange Behaviour copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Behaviour copying files: Here is the written description, I don't want to post a bunch of pictures. 5/15/2016 8:15 AM Started copy of C:\windows.old folder to NAS Device (\\DL4100\Public\windows.old) 8:32 AM Reports 13% complete, 46786 items remaining, 5 seconds remaining (8.81 GB) 8:41 AM...
  10. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...