Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help! Windows 10 computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals, after hours since last reboot. Mouse cursor doesn't react to movements of mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aireyanna Havaska, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Help! Windows 10 computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals, after hours since last reboot. Mouse cursor doesn't react to movements of mouse, keyboard keys don't work at all, pressing numlock, capslock and scrolllock don't turn on or off the indicator lights on keyboard, and the LED flashing red light while computer is on indicating the computer is working has gone black, power button doesn't work, but I can pressing the reset button to initiate hard reboot, and computer boots normally, working fine before the problem reoccurs, and I have noticed explorer.exe has high cpu usage in task manager at random intervals.

I am pretty familiar with Command Prompt and I have run sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth numerous times and my system integrity is fine, system file corruption is not the cause, and I have run chkdsk /f C:, chkdsk /f *: more times than I can remember, file systems are also fine, I have also used hard disk utilities to scan for bad sectors many times, no bad sectors were found, and I have installed the latest drivers compatible to all of my hardwares, so I am out of my wits, does anyone know what might be the cause of the problem? Any ideas, please?

:)

Aireyanna Havaska, May 14, 2020

2. Computer freezing frequently at random intervals

I'm using windows 10 in my hp Probook 4540s.

My Computer freezes frequently at random intervals of 2 or 3 seconds. If I turn on the PC from first window itself it is behaving like this.

I'm facing this issue for the first time. Why it is happening like this?
    What I need to do to solve this issue.

crackhead.h, May 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Windows 10: How to change a theme slideshow time interval?

If you want to set intervals of your choice, you can do it by modifying the registry. Please follow the below steps to set the slideshow intervals:

1. Open Run and type regedit.exe
    2. Navigate to:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow

In here, the two important values are the Interval, and Shuffle.

Double click on Shuffle, and change the value to 1. OK.

Then change the Interval by double clicking on it. You'll first want to change the Base to Decimal, rather than Hexadecimal (otherwise you'll get unexpected interval values). Then change the value to your desired time, in milliseconds (10000ms for 10 seconds).

You can exit regedit now. The final step is to restart Explorer. You can do this through Task Manager if you know how, otherwise simply restart your computer.

user9081124, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

1. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals - Similar Threads - Computer becomes unresponsive

2. computer becomes completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  3. computer becomes completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  6. Computer becoming unresponsive

7. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  8. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  9. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

10. Computer Crashing On Random Intervals

Computer Crashing On Random Intervals: Hello, So i have recently received a new desktop computer and having had to reset it to factory default due to consistent BSOD screens, I now have much less frequent crashes however recently it crashed giving me the following dump: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...