Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I recently built a new computer (around three months ago) and since then it's been BSODing usually within 20-30 minutes of starting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adrian179, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Adrian179 Win User

Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...

Hi guys,

So I recently built a new computer (around three months ago) and since then it's been BSODing usually within 20-30 minutes of starting it up. What is strange to me though is that it when it happens, the next startup of the computer will run completely fine until it is powered off again, whereupon the next startup will have another BSOD.

I've been trying to fix it on my own for a while but by this point I'm totally out of ideas. Any feedback I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Adrian179, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 24, 2019
  4. ihh1948 Win User

BSOD error on Windows 10.

Hello Sandeep,

In response to your questions:

1. No
    2. Laptop Asus N76V
    3. KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
    I did not literally follow the steps in the "Troubleshoot" article, but by now, after first turning them off for a while, I completely uninstalled both Bullguard and Malwarebytes (using Revo Uninstaller).

I get a system warning that no security is running, but when I check, it appears that Windows Defender is running fine!

Plus, since the BSOD on 29 March (23.39 hrs), no new BSOD's...

Thx,

Harm

ihh1948, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,... - Similar Threads - Computer BSODs once

2. Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in: When I turn the computer on, the monitor will initially turn on but then quickly turn off once it connects to the computer. It will only come back on if I take the wire out and plug it back in to the monitor. It won't even turn back on if I switch it off and on at the socket....
  3. Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in: When I turn the computer on, the monitor will initially turn on but then quickly turn off once it connects to the computer. It will only come back on if I take the wire out and plug it back in to the monitor. It won't even turn back on if I switch it off and on at the socket....
  4. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  5. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  6. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day

Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day: Hi. Recently one of our pc started to act up and once per day gave a blue screen or the screen goes black and some connected devices to him gets disconected - connect disconnect sound. I was able to get the name of the BSOD error but reading about it had no real reason or i...
  8. Internet access is fine once established but each time I turn on the computer there is no...

Internet access is fine once established but each time I turn on the computer there is no...: Regular as clockwork everytime I switch on I have no internet small globe symbol at bottom of screen. I go looking for my supply on the blue listing of all the local log on running and secure and there I am at the top of the page. I run the diagnostic until it sorts itelf...
  9. Any wireless bluetooth headphones paired to Windows 10 will only work once until turned off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any wireless bluetooth headphones paired to Windows 10 will only work once until turned off.: I've been having this problem for months now. When I pair a wireless headphones to my Windows 10 computer via bluetooth it will work fine will switch to the right audio and play, but once I turn the headphones off and try to turn them on again, the audio on the PC will read...
  10. BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot

BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot: Hey I'm getting a BSOD once a day or every time my computer has been turned off for longer than just a reboot. When the computer reboots after the BSOD it runs just fine with no incidents until the next time its turned off for a bit. IIRC it started after x version...