Windows 10: Windows 10 computer can not see another windows 10 computer

Discus and support Windows 10 computer can not see another windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, There has got to be an answer out there. 2 computers, call them A and B. A is wireless laptop, B is wired to router. B can see and access A but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Airick99, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Airick99 Win User

Windows 10 computer can not see another windows 10 computer

Hi,

There has got to be an answer out there.

2 computers, call them A and B. A is wireless laptop, B is wired to router. B can see and access A but A can not see or access B.

Netgear R7000 router is connected to Ubee modem/router from Time Warner. I bridged the two (I think because I no longer have double NAT)

I have Apache server running on B. A can successfully http to it.

Not in any particular order:

I no longer have double NAT.

I updated the network's driver

I uninstalled then reinstalled the network driver

A can ping B ok

Both are in the same workgroup called WORKGROUP

In Services I have placed TCP over NETBIOS on automatic

I'm going nuts. Please help prevent another nutty person.

Eric

:)

Airick99, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 computer can not see another windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - computer another computer

2. transferring windows 10 license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring windows 10 license to another computer: I have previously installed windows 10 onto a macbook using a third party viewing program - parallels. I then deleted parelells as i want to use bootcamp instead. I have successfully installed bootcamp however when it says to enter my windows licence key it says it is already...
  3. transferring windows 10 license to another computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring windows 10 license to another computer: I have previously installed windows 10 onto a macbook using a third party viewing program - parallels. I then deleted parelells as i want to use bootcamp instead. I have successfully installed bootcamp however when it says to enter my windows licence key it says it is already...
  4. Move my windows 10 to another computer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move my windows 10 to another computer!: Hey guys, 6 years ago I bought a laptop that already came with windows 10, but the laptop stopped working, today i received the new laptop i ordered online and somehow i managed to move my windows 10 license to my new laptop. (My new laptop didn't have any system installed)....
  5. transfer windows 10 pro to another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another windows 10 computer: Hello from Western Australia. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro bought the Pro update in 2017; it was running Windows 10 Home. I'd like to transfer that Pro version or license or whatever it's called to a different computer, a Lenovo currently running Windows 10...
  6. Transferring Windows 10 to another computer

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer: Hi there! I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bits installed in my computer, it's a retail version (I checked using slmgr -dli on cmd). I'm going to buy a laptop and i want to transfer my Win 10 to it, also I want to install the 64 bit version. The reason I'm transferring Win 10 is that...
  7. A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a...

A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a...: A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a print job over there. It won't print. Hope some one can help, appreciate very much....
  8. Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer

Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer: Blue screen options do nothing. I have no recovery disk. Can I download a recovery disk from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-from-another-computer-to/643f6ad6-5a85-491d-9e3f-efee3d86376f
  9. Windows 10 can not read USB drive formatted on another Windows 10 computer?????

Windows 10 can not read USB drive formatted on another Windows 10 computer?????: I have to ask what kind of **** OS can not read a USB SD disk formatted from another Windows 10 computer? It says not formatted yet 2 other computers using Windows 7 and Windows 10 see the files on the USB SD disk fine? The ONLY DIFFERENCE between them is this computer is...
  10. windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network: Hello, i have a problem with my computer. I have Asus RT-AC87U AC2400 Gigabit Wireless router. I have a seagate free agent drive connected to router and shared it with samba/cifs protocol. My computer is connected to router trought cable over one switch. Problem is that i...