Windows 10: Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 and I had a hard drive go bad and after the person worked on it the computer never stays on anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cooltwou, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Cooltwou Win User

Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore

I have a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 and I had a hard drive go bad and after the person worked on it the computer never stays on anymore does anybody have an idea why every time you go to use the computer you have to power it back on every time

:)

Cooltwou, Oct 8, 2017

2. Stopcode error on Windows 10

After getting a blue screen error, “Preparing Automatic Repair” appears on screen, but stays there and doesn’t go any further.

several restarts results in the same message, and it stays there, and I can do nothing with the computer.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

GrahamHall1, Oct 8, 2017
  3. The Hosted Network Can't be Started (Missing Drivers)

Apparently not as it appears that the method doesn't work anymore.

'I seems this solution doesn’t work anymore since Windows 10 anniversary update.'

Floccinaucinihipilificationer, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore

Make sure computer is not overheating use SpeedFan to monitor computer temperatures.

Please download and run SeaTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore [​IMG]

1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test

4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore [​IMG]

5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

FreeBooter, Oct 8, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. I advise to call that technician and tell him/her about the problem. Their work and parts should be guaranteed.

Tony K, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Cooltwou Win User
    I run the SeaTools test but I don't see any result to put in here other then it passed the Long Generic Passed

Cooltwou, Oct 8, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The computer is probably set to hibernate on the power settings control panel. Easy way to turn off Hibernation (which also disables Windows 10 fast startup) is to open a Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) and run:

powercfg -h off

NavyLCDR, Oct 8, 2017
  8. Cooltwou Win User

I believe I found the problem in the power options the computer was set to power off after 30 minutes and I changed it to never

Cooltwou, Oct 8, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Well, that was easy enough. Glad you found the problem. *Smile

Tony K, Oct 8, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Sometimes it's the little things, we all do it, and wonder What? *Wink Glad to hear to found it.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 computer doesn’t stay on anymore - Similar Threads - computer doesn’t stay

2. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  3. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  4. Windows update and Microsoft Store doesn’t work anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update and Microsoft Store doesn’t work anymore: Not sure what happened but it started happening after I got a virus that takes info but i took care of that already but the aftermath is that lots of windows related apps that are already on my pc aren't working anymore like the Microsoft store doesn't let me download...
  5. Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore: I have a Lenovo p15 V I am using windows hello face recognition it was working fine until it stop working couldn’t recognize me anymore. Tried to reset it and now I get a msg that says that there is no compatible device. The camera work on Skype and similar apps I was able to...
  6. Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore: I have a Lenovo p15 V I am using windows hello face recognition it was working fine until it stop working couldn’t recognize me anymore. Tried to reset it and now I get a msg that says that there is no compatible device. The camera work on Skype and similar apps I was able to...
  7. Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows doesn’t update anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn’t update anymore.: I finally managed to install this education N edition using and old iso file. So it’s fresh and everything worked flawlessly until I started windows updates. It updated until it was 1703 and it’s now stuck there. It says my pc is up to date. Is it an OS problem because this...
  9. Settings doesn’t open anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings doesn’t open anymore.: Yup. It just doesnt open, i can open anything else but when it’s any sort of settings or adjustment like volume or background or anything it doesn’t open. have y’all experienced this? and how did you fix it submitted by /u/classicmusclecar [link] [comments]...
  10. Touchscreen doesn’t work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchscreen doesn’t work anymore: The touchscreen stopped working. I switched to the tablet mode but the touchscreen looks like it doesn’t exist. I use Dell Inspiron 15-5568 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-doesnt-work-anymore/9e0d0d7e-ae50-4dad-aac7-a87811cac792