Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I hope someone can help me with this as I'm running out of ways to troubleshoot this issue.I have a new PC custom build with an MSI Z590-A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kondado, May 31, 2021.

1. Kondado Win User

Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend

Hi everyone,I hope someone can help me with this as I'm running out of ways to troubleshoot this issue.I have a new PC custom build with an MSI Z590-A PRO board, 32GB 2x16 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 3600MHz, Core i7 11700K water-cooled, and an MSI Suprim X 3080 RTX graphics card. The CPU and RAM are overclocked, not that it matters as you'll see in a second.Everything seems to be running fine, but I simply can't use the sleep/suspend mode. When I try to wake up the PC, it'll switch on, but the screen will remain black -- it won't show me the login screen basically. Also, from what I can tell

:)

Kondado, May 31, 2021
  2. DaleDarin Win User

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, May 31, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 31, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't wake

2. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  3. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  4. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  6. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  7. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep: Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if...
  8. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  9. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  10. My Windows 10 laptop after suspend mode doesn't wake up

My Windows 10 laptop after suspend mode doesn't wake up: I have tried to update/remove/modify the video graphics driver and that didn't work nor changing the energy plans did any good. So is there a fix that someone knows it definitely works? 43475