Windows 10: Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

Discus and support Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you. I have a desktop computer that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iron_balls, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you.

I have a desktop computer that runs on windows 10, latest updates installed. This particular desktop is relatively older but holds many of my hard drives for storage. Most times, my other desktops are able to connect to these shared hard drives fine and transferring files go smoothly. However, once every 2-4 days the access to these shared drives go offline and I would have to restart that older computer before the hard drives/folders are accessible once more.

Please give me any suggestions that I may not have tried - I've done as much research on my own as much as I can and have not come across anything that causes intermittent drop of home connectivity until it's rebooted.

Thank you again

submitted by /u/iron_balls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iron_balls, Mar 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Gramps Win User

Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

1. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity - Similar Threads - computer dropping home

2. Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pops_cr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wy8xmz/home_networking_connection_dropdown_menu_is_gone/
  3. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  4. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  5. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. computers dropping connection on network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computers dropping connection on network: HELP!!! First there is no problem connecting to internet on any of the computers involved in this quesiton.After microsoft security intelligence update on Monday July 26, the two computers that connect to my computer, their connections keep dropping or timing out. I do not...
  7. Home Network - computers won't connect

Home Network - computers won't connect: Since the Win 10 update to 20H2, my 2 Win 10 computers won't file share. In other words I see them in Windows explorer but when I try to access them I get the error I do not have permission to access the folders and C drive on DANNY-PC. The other says can't access DANNY-PC-2...
  8. Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10: My computers no longer connect I have a small home network with a desktop (primary) computer and a laptop computer. Both use MS Windows 10 with the most current updates. Prior to the last couple of updates my two computers recognized each other and connect via the...
  9. Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity

Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity: Hi, I run 2 P.C.'s and 1 Laptop on my home network. Since a couple of Win 10 upgrades ago my Home Sharing has stopped working. I've tried to access allowable files in the Documents Folder on my other machines, but my Network Folder, in the left hand Folder List Pane in...
  10. Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu

Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu: Hello, I've been having internet connection drops consistently every few minutes. This has been confirmed by the ISP, they are having connection outages throughout the city. (Vodafone claims that they aim to fix the issue but cannot give me a date of completion... This...