Windows 10: Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone else have this problem where if they don't move the mouse or interact with the computer for more than 10 minutes it freezes? I have an acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_ahrideathsounduwu, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

Does anyone else have this problem where if they don't move the mouse or interact with the computer for more than 10 minutes it freezes? I have an acer aspire e15 for about 2 years. Thanks!

submitted by /u/_ahrideathsounduwu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_ahrideathsounduwu, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 22, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

1. Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes - Similar Threads - computer freezes used

2. Computer freezing when installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing when installing windows 10: My computer suddenly had issues booting into windows. After trying to reset my PC from the automatic repair thing that pops up it suddenly froze. I tried a fresh install of windows, and it freezes while it's "Getting files ready for installation". This is a prebuilt computer...
  3. Computer freezing when installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing when installing windows 10: My computer suddenly had issues booting into windows. After trying to reset my PC from the automatic repair thing that pops up it suddenly froze. I tried a fresh install of windows, and it freezes while it's "Getting files ready for installation". This is a prebuilt computer...
  4. Computer freezing when installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Freezing when using browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing when using browser: My windows 10 freezing is freezing specially when using browser, I have tried several methods to fix this, to pinpoint the problem whether it's software or hardware failureDevice Model: ASUS TUF FX505DY-AL117TNotes:> Windows 10 will freeze after a few minutes of browsing in...
  6. Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10: While printing works fine most of the time, it may so happen that the computer stops responding as soon as you try to print a document or an image. This post will guide you on how you can fix the problem using some simple tips. Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 computer freezes when not used for 10 minutes: Does anyone else have this problem where if they don't move the mouse or interact with the computer for more than 10 minutes it freezes? I have an acer aspire e15 for about 2 years. Thanks! submitted by /u/_ahrideathsounduwu [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically: Hi I had an old computer that I lately wanted to use with windows 10. And I had installed windows 10's 1903 version on it but it seems that I won't be able to use it. because every time I boot up my computer within 5 minutes it freezes and remains that way until it...
  9. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  10. Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.

Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.: My Windows 10 desktop is freezing up when I am away from it for awhile. It can be as little as 20 minutes that I am not using it and I'll come back and it won't respond. Initially, it had gone to sleep and when I would try to wake it, the screen would turn back on the the...