Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer Freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Having problems with Dell XPS8000 running latest Windows 10 randomly freezing, i.e. cursor freezes, Ctrl + Alt + Del does not work. Only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by msruby64, Nov 2, 2019.

1. msruby64 Win User

Windows 10 Computer Freezes

Hi,

Having problems with Dell XPS8000 running latest Windows 10 randomly freezing, i.e. cursor freezes, Ctrl + Alt + Del does not work. Only option is hardware reboot. Computer will freeze sometimes once a day, sometimes several times a day. I've run memtest86 with 9 passes and no errors. No recent software or hardware has been installed.

Windows version: 1903

At different times, a few different stop codes have been displayed including:
    Page fault in nonpaged area
    IRQL not less or equal
    Unexpected kernel mode trap.

I've attached the results of the V2 log collector.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mitchell

:)

msruby64, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Computer Freezes - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes

2. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  4. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  5. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  6. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  7. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  8. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  10. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing randomly asrock B450 steel legend ryzen 3200G