Windows 10: Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by littlemisscynical, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then eventually spreads out to every 8-10 minutes, but it's super annoying in the middle of a youtube video or screen recording.

Just to be clear: I DO NOT want to remove the lock screen completely. I have looked on other websites and all the answers are just people posting a command to remove the lock screen. I want the lock screen, I just don't want my computer to lock completely.

Also, yes, I have checked my screen settings. The screen is supposed to time out every 15 minutes. And that wouldn't even matter because it locks during use.

My computer is an Onn Surf 2-in-1 tablet and laptop btw

:)

littlemisscynical, May 19, 2020
  2. cdjman0 Win User

My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

Hey I'm having this problem as well. It started late last week/earlier this week. Bumping this thread. Laptop (running Wi 10) randomly cuts to lock screen and makes me re input my password. I looked at the solution posted above but I want to keep my computer's lock screen. I just want to stop it from locking randomly.

cdjman0, May 19, 2020
  3. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

Lock Screen Randomly Changes

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to go to the lock screen settings and disable the automatic lock screen change and check if the issue persist.

To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

1. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen. - Similar Threads - computer keeps randomly

2. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  3. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  4. Computer keeps blue screening randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps blue screening randomly: Ive been having random crashes. The stop code saysAttempted write to read-only memory. The. What failed is iaStorAC.sys . If anyone is available to help me out thank you so much I'm really new but I can provide what you need.Thank you...
  5. My computer keeps going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps going to lock screen: Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for...
  6. Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen: After I login to Windows 10 it automatically logs me off and I have to keep trying to login. This just started occurring 2 weeks ago. Any advice? I have already refreshed the computer and it still is happening....
  7. Computer going to “locking” screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer going to “locking” screen: Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found...
  8. Windows randomly going to Purple locking screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly going to Purple locking screen: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10. It has been, seemingly at random, going to a purple screen with the text "locking..." showing for a few seconds before the screen goes black. The power lights show that it is still on, but it does not respond to the mouse or keyboard....
  9. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps randomly going to sleep: Henlo there. I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop where it keeps randomly going to sleep, and I don't know what's causing it. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you. submitted by /u/JormungandRED [link] [comments]...
  10. My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen: When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on the "hp recommended" power...