Windows 10: Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network"

Discus and support Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For whatever reason I can't seem to get the <computer name> to show in the "Network" in File Explorer. I CAN however type "\\<computer name>\Users" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rasmasyean, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network"

For whatever reason I can't seem to get the <computer name> to show in the "Network" in File Explorer.

I CAN however type "\\<computer name>\Users" in the top box and open it up fine.
    It even temporarily places the <computer name> in the tree on the left.
    However, it still doesn't show up on the right when opening the "Network" tree...even after a Refresh.

Once I close the File Explorer, it disappears from the tree.

This happened on both a Desktop and Tablet.

The previous version (Windows 8) did not appear to have this problem as the computer names (of those that are ON) would always appear automatically.

:)

rasmasyean, Sep 26, 2018
  2. AlbertoMA Win User

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Sep 26, 2018
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network"

Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network"

1. Windows 10 computer name doesn't automatically appear in "Network" - Similar Threads - computer name doesn't

2. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  3. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  4. My Flashdisk Doesn't Appear Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Flashdisk Doesn't Appear Automatically: I have used my 8Gb Flashdisk as bootable disk. But any problem when I try bootable, so I force to pull out it. When I booting to Windows and open File Manager, my flashdisk can't show up. I have checked disk manager and I see my flashdisk (I want to format it but It can't),...
  5. Windows 10 Computer Host does not appear on the Network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer Host does not appear on the Network.: Hi With win 7 no longer being supported, I have "succumbed" to attempting the dread windows 10 pro. My current issue is that I can "see" 2 other computers on my network, BUT NOT the laptop I am working from. Nor can this my machine be "seen" from the other 2!. The whole...
  6. Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network

Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network: I had a wireless network, call it NW1, set up for sharing files between a desktop and a laptop, but something has gone wrong. The laptop shows it is connected to the network, and a file listing of "Network" shows the laptop with its "Network Location" shown as NW1, as...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network: Hi, I have a little problem. Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the "connect automatically" box. [img] I tried to "forget" and reconnect to that network and still got the same result after a...
  8. Network computer name

Network computer name: 2 computers: L and D. I want to share all files on L with D File explorer in D shows truncated name for computer L I tried to share the c: drive on L but when I look at in in D it tells me I have to permissions. How do I reset and start again?...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network: We have a Wi-Fi network (example here: "NET_WORK") with the SSID hidden and our Surfaces Pro 4 won't reconnect to it after being rebooted. On the login screen, we have to reconnect to the network manually and then it says it's connected to the network it won't connect to but...
  10. Windows 10 computers not appearing on network browser

Windows 10 computers not appearing on network browser: In the network browser (win+E select network) only my girlfriend's laptop is visible. I have 2 other PCs and a Vortexbox appliance running Fedora 23. Of those 4 machines on the laptop running Windows 7 appears on the network via the browser. All the machines are set to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 computer doesnt appear on network

2. network name doesnt show in windows 10

3. windows 10 1903 doesnt appear in network

4. shared computer doesnt automattically appear in list,
  5. network doesn t appear in network neighboorhood windows 10,
  6. network name pc,
  7. windows 10 pc doesnt show in network