Windows 10: Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute

Discus and support Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. So I like to keep my computer power off setting at 2 hours. However, Windows seems to know better than me what I like and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PBXN-9, Feb 17, 2019.

1. PBXN-9 Win User

Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute

I am running Windows 10.

So I like to keep my computer power off setting at 2 hours. However, Windows seems to know better than me what I like and it randomly resets the power off time to 1 minute. This reset can occur in 1 hour, 1 day, or 1 week. Any ideas how to stop this from happening?

:)

PBXN-9, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes.

I'm using Windows 10. My display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes with no affect.

KarlBraungart, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute

Display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes.

Hi Karl,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Ensure that you have configured your screen saver settings correctly if you are using any third party themes. In most cases screen saver or themes caused this issue.

This issue could also be either due to some issues with the power settings or corrupted system files on the computer.

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the
    Power Button to start the computer.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute

1. Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute - Similar Threads - Computer Power Off

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. Random power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random power off: Hi, So I recently started using an Asus x550vx laptop, 2017 model. It is equipped with 8GB of ramI added 4 more, an Intel Core i7-6700HQ and Nvidia GTX 950M dedicated graphics. The thing is, on Windows, it randomly shuts down, but it doesn't display the "shutting down"...
  5. Power off settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power off settings: Why does my laptop automatically power off when I unplug it? How can I change that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-settings/a60dc866-b5b5-4326-92b4-ca0b0e9ff66d
  6. Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves: Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 1909, OS Build 18363.900 Using a second monitor and the main display simultaneously. Secondary monitor is set as primary display. Device is plugged in and at 100% when in use. At random, the SP6 main display will change it's brightness to 100%....
  7. Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....: submitted by /u/dnadosanddonts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwu163/power_sleep_windows_10_1903_setting_for_screen/
  8. Windows power options randomly change monitors settings

Windows power options randomly change monitors settings: I'm currently using a Lenovo i7 desktop, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 (v1903), utilizing two Dell 27 inch monitors. Since version 1803 upgrade the monitors have been going to sleep, what ever application is being viewed in the right hand monitor will be minimized and switched to the...
  9. laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options: I have HP Spectre Laptop running windows 10. When I'm reading books on my laptop, after 1 minute, screen gets turned off (goes black), I have to hit a keyboard button for it to come back. Tried updating all the Power Option values below and it doesn't seem to work:...
  10. Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update: The problem with windows power scheme changing is occurring from windows updates but not only this but that it changes sleep to 1 minute so the system is basically just periodically shutting down, or going to sleep. [ATTACH] I have searched on google for a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows randomly changes screen settings

2. win10 computer turning off unexpectedly february 2019