Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem starting occuring maybe 6 - 8 months ago. I will properly shutdown my computer and sometime during the night it will power on. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Deborah Hampton, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On

This problem starting occuring maybe 6 - 8 months ago. I will properly shutdown my computer and sometime during the night it will power on. I do not mean awaking from sleep. I mean actually starting up from shutdown. I don't know what is causing it or how to fx it. Can you help?

:)

Deborah Hampton, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On

Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On

1. Windows 10 Computer Powers itself On - Similar Threads - Computer Powers itself

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on: Since i replace my PSU in December 2020 i is running fine until February 2021. Corsair RM650 bnew. It usually occurs on 1st day power on. Last month i noticed that in event viewer my Drive E: has bad sector then i run check disk C: and E: then the error disappear. Im getting...
  4. Windows 10 locked computer by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 locked computer by itself: My HP Envy x360 locked up by itself while launching a game, i know the game wasn't a virus because it was Minecraft: Java edition but may be something else, please let me know if this is a virus or a windows error, Thank you!...
  5. Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10: Community Lately my Lenovo T14 has started to turn on sometime during the night and I can't figure out why. Its hot coming out of hibernation its turn on from having be turned off the night day before. I 've run ... C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History...
  6. HP Windows 10 Computer Powers on by itself at 12:37AM everyday

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Windows 10 Computer Powers on by itself at 12:37AM everyday: Ive been tackling this issue where my HP desktop computer turns on everyday at the same time. I've tried every trick in the book including messing around with power plan settings, device management, task scheduler, etc. I wanted to know what would be causing it to do this...
  7. Windows 10 deactivated itself after power outage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 deactivated itself after power outage.: Hi, so a couple weeks ago, a power outage occured in my area, causing the electricity to go out for a second or two. When we got power back, I turned my computer on, and it said Windows wasn't activated at the bottom right of the screen. I've tried many solutions online to...
  8. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  9. PC Powering itself on!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Powering itself on!: Every morning at 8AM my pc turns itself on, I cannot find where to stop that action. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-powering-itself-on/3e03e16c-d252-4acc-a26d-47f9cd9d84ea"
  10. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...