Windows 10: Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Discus and support Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! I have an Acer Aspire E15-576 running Windows 10 2004 (Build OS 19041.508), and I have been having random freezes for the past several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DERich2000, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Greetings!

I have an Acer Aspire E15-576 running Windows 10 2004 (Build OS 19041.508), and I have been having random freezes for the past several weeks. Whenever I leave the computer on idle for several minutes or hours, sometimes my screen would be completely black with no response from using the keyboard or mouse with the Power LED still on, and I couldn't get it into sleep mode through closing the led when this happens. This forces me to do a hard reset to the machine functioning properly again. I couldn't get it into sleep mode through closing the led when this happens. This doesn't happen every time but it happens at least once or twice every two days.

I was wondering if my computer was trying to defrag a corrupt file that could be causing the freezes, so I disabled automatic defragging, but the issue still occurs.

Any possible solutions? Thanks in advance.

:)

DERich2000, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

1. Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle - Similar Threads - computer randomly freezes

2. My computer freezes when on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes when on idle: If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (20H1 currently)....
  3. My computer freezes when on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes when on idle: If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (2009 currently)....
  4. Computer freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes randomly: Hello, I have repeated issue with my laptop Dell Vostro 5590 - windows 10 pro freezing every hour or two. While it freezes, I can still open task manager and use my mouse, yet programs stop responding. The computer is brand new, and I preformed all diagnostics with the...
  5. Computer Randomly Freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Randomly Freezes: So i'm having a random problem where I'll be on chrome and the computer just freezes, eventually the computer will either hard restart itself or I'll have to hard restart it. This doesn't happen constantly but like once per day or once every other day. Most often this happens...
  6. Computer freezing randomly

Computer freezing randomly: Hi everyone. I really need some help on this one. I have no clue what to do. Recently my PC has been deadlock freezing almost every day. It has great specs Titan X 12GB, Intel I7 chip, etc., so the stuff isn't all too outdated. It seems the problem of the deadlocking is...
  7. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer screen freezes when it is idle: I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game....
  8. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  9. Computer randomly freezing

Computer randomly freezing: my computer, probably since I've had it, freezes randomly on the regular. It's happened for a few years now and I've tried a number of things to try to fix it, none of which helped. I'm getting really sick of it so I'd like to try to put an end to the issue for good. Could it...
  10. Random Computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer freeze: Computer randomly freezing while playing games. Have tested it on League and CSGO. I recently put a brand new power supply in it and it did not correct the issue. Before i changed the power supply it would freeze with a sound loop and after i put a new one in it just freezes...