Windows 10: Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Discus and support Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! I have an Acer Aspire E15-576 running Windows 10 2004 (Build OS 19041.508), and I have been having random freezes for the past several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DERich2000, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Greetings!

I have an Acer Aspire E15-576 running Windows 10 2004 (Build OS 19041.508), and I have been having random freezes for the past several weeks. Whenever I leave the computer on idle for several minutes or hours, sometimes my screen would be completely black with no response from using the keyboard or mouse with the Power LED still on, and I couldn't get it into sleep mode through closing the led when this happens. This forces me to do a hard reset to the machine functioning properly again. I couldn't get it into sleep mode through closing the led when this happens. This doesn't happen every time but it happens at least once or twice every two days.

I was wondering if my computer was trying to defrag a corrupt file that could be causing the freezes, so I disabled automatic defragging, but the issue still occurs.

Any possible solutions? Thanks in advance.

:)

DERich2000, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle

1. Windows 10 computer randomly freezes on idle - Similar Threads - computer randomly freezes

2. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  3. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  4. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  5. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  6. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  7. Computer freezes when idle

Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  8. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  9. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  10. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging