Windows 10: Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing...

Discus and support Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have a rather odd problem that I can't quite pin down or find advice for. When my machine first boots up, music, videos and sound in general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonBlakelock, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing...

Hello!

I have a rather odd problem that I can't quite pin down or find advice for. When my machine first boots up, music, videos and sound in general won't work

So, for instance, opening Spotify and clicking on 'play' brings up the 'cannot play current song' error message. Opening Chrome and YouTube and trying to play a video brings up the error 'if playback doesn't begin soon, please try restarting your device'. Searching for 'metronome' on google and trying to press play on the widget changes the icon to a 'pause' button but it does not animate or play sound as expected. Opening a game through steam will run but there will be no sound. All other apps and things work as expected, it just seems that anything that requires sound will not work. It's not as if the sound is playing but not coming through my sound card, it's literally as if anything requiring sound simply cannot load properly.

Very oddly, if I repeatedly close and reopen one of these apps, eventually the sound will start working just fine. I have to close all apps and just focus on closing/reopening one, singular app for the sound to start working, however.

I've spent an excessive amount of time reloading drivers for my soundcard to no avail - everything else is bang up to date.

System is a HP Omen 800-112n. Soundcard is a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1st Gen. Everything is switched on, powered up, drivers up to date and recognised by the system. I've also tried disabling any other sound output so that the only one available is the focusrite.

Can anyone help me out? It's a pain in the ****!!

Cheers

:)

SimonBlakelock, Mar 10, 2019

2. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 10, 2019
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Darkleoco Win User

Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing...

Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing...

1. Windows 10 - computer refuses to play video or sound once booted up (repeated closing... - Similar Threads - computer refuses play

2. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  3. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  4. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  5. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  6. Computer refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refuses to boot up: Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a...
  7. Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up: Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up Hi, when my son's screen time is up his computer still continues to play the sounds of whatever he was doing even though the screen is blank and his time is up. for instance, if he was watching youtube he will...
  8. Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Screen time, still playing sounds once time is up: Hi, when my son's screen time is up his computer still continues to play the sounds of whatever he was doing even though the screen is blank and his time is up. for instance, if he was watching youtube he will still be able to hear it and if he was in a skype chat they...
  9. Windows refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refuses to boot up: Whenever I try to boot up my laptop,this pops up: log file E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I don't know what the issue stems from or if/how to fix it.Does anybody know?...
  10. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Outlook 2016 refuses to play my email sound even though I have it set up to do so