Windows 10: Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs.

Discus and support Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Once in a while my omputer randomly decides to not let me open anything new. If i try to open a new tab in Chrome for instance, it either doesn't open,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThiasHansen, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs.

Once in a while my omputer randomly decides to not let me open anything new. If i try to open a new tab in Chrome for instance, it either doesn't open, or freezes instantly. Otherwise, if I try to open a regurlar program it just does not open. Windows usually functions normally apart from that - I can use the already oppened programs, and the home button reacts, the search function works, etc. But oppening something new just doesn't.
    Sometimes, oppening ctrl+alt+del, and then the Joblist works, but it takes a while in those cases before the ctrl+alt+del screen even shows. This has been going on since last fall, on/off sometimes for an entire month, sometimes for an hour. Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

ThiasHansen, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs.

Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs.

1. Windows 10 computer regularly refuses to open programs, or tabs. - Similar Threads - computer regularly refuses

2. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  3. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  4. Programs refuse to open

Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  5. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  6. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  8. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  9. The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open: I used SFC /scannow in 'safe mode with cmd'. It claimed to have fixed whatever was supposedly corrupted, but it still won't open. In fact, NONE of the screens under the privacy tab are opening. I have no idea what's going on. The image below shows the window screen I'm...
  10. Computer refuses to open .exe files

Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer refuses to open program

2. windows10 refuses to open page